Xbox ring of light/death

Discussion in 'Games' started by tim2006, Feb 20, 2007.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2006
    I watched the BBC special on the ring of death. How big of a problem is it? There are always problems with any product is this widespread or just a few vocal people? Thanks!
  2. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    The people who have had the problem are the most vocal. In my xbox live clan there is somthing like 50 active full members. Of those about 10% (5 out of 50) of them have had to have there machine replaced / repaird. Of those that had it repaired 2 of them are on their third machine.

So I guess if you were to carry that over to general sales, and say that there are 10 million 360's, that would equate to 1 million users ? But whether that is actually accurate or not we will never know.

Also it would be interesting to know of which generation the failing machines are from. Are they original launch machines or last holiday machines ?

either way the BBC article was a complete :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    and it was more like Daily Mail or Sun reporting than BBC supposed 'high standard'... Are the BBC becoming the new Channel 5 ?
  3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
    The ring of death seemed to be very active around the early months of the console but MS has focused more on it and that problem has reduced since then.

There is still the issue mind you but not as bad as 2005 early 2006.