Xbox still has life in it

Discussion in 'Games' started by pgc6000, May 28, 2005.

1. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

With the Xbox 360 right around the corner, we may think the Xbox has just about run it's course. But luckly for us, there are still some great new games coming out for it. Here are some:

1. Star Wars Battlefront II

2. Battlefield: Modern Combat

3. Call of Duty 2: Big Red One

4. Half-Life 2

Feel free to mention any other upcoming games for any system.

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I'm sure I'm going to get flamed by XBox fans for this, but...

Did anyone notice that almost every single majorly anticipated XBox games are PC or multiconsole ports here?

All four games you list are or will be available for PC first.

EDIT:
    I was watching one of the G4 shows and was appalled.

Nintendo booth:
    They're disappointed in no Revolution details.
    The only GameCube game they like is Zelda (no mention of Ultimate Spider-Man?), and one of the guys there hates any game with Mario in the title before even looking at it.

They LOVE the DS lineup and have like 20 games they like. They go on that it is an extremely great showing for the DS.

Sony booth:
    PS3 rocks. They obsess over it.
    Games rock. They find a bunch of games they like including Okami, Ultimate Spider-Man, etc. No mention of Battlefront II despite the fact that it is available for PS2.
    PSP has a lot of games similar to console games, not much original, but "the graphics are so good how can you complain" and there is a Burnout game so they loved it.

Microsoft booth:
    "I want to go on the record saying I think Microsoft is making a very big mistake". 'nuff said. Their words BTW.
    Games: Battlefront II (available on PC and PS2), all the games listed in the parent post (all PC ports), and Ultimate Spider-Man (PS2 AND GameCube). Almost no games that aren't available on other systems.

No handhelds, of course.

Then they rate the showings (not the systems, the showings).

In a typical biased G4 fasion...Microsoft gets the best score...despite the fact that they could hardly find any games that weren't ports, and they hated the XBox 360...they still give it the best score.

R.I.P. TechTV... :(

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Plus dont forget that the Xbox is still the only console on which you can play Halo I & II (although there are pc/mac versions)- How can you get tired of playing these great games?

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

ok, trying to keep calm...the Xbox still has the advantage over the PC versions because on the Xbox you dont have to worry about windows (ie- game /windows crashing halfway through the level, causing you to lose hours of progress).

5. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Windows XP rarely crashes during actual games, honestly. With the rare exception of some badly designed games that crash when you hit the dang Windows key.

On the other hand the PC version has a keyboard and mouse, FAR superior to the console versions, and can be modded. Playable Jedi in Battlefront II? I have that on Battlefront 1. :D

Yup, because Microsoft and their monopoly waltz over and buy Bungie, Rare, and a bunch of other companies to force it exclusive.

Now I'm not writing the XBox off just because Microsoft makes it, but Halo I? PC/Mac all the way. Keyboard and mouse any day. Halo II is basicly the same thing with better graphics and a second gun.

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Dont get me wrong, the PC is usually a great platform for gaming (yes it does not always crash during a game- but it does do this at times). But some times I like trading my keyboard, mouse, and 19" Trinitron in for a Xbox gamepad and the much larger screen on my tv.

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Halo II is basicly the same thing with better graphics and a second gun.

But I still love it! :D

8. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

While the Xbox as a community might mine doesn't.

It stopped loading Halo 2. Now its dusty.

9. pgc6000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

To tell the truth, I'd prefer to use a PC (for gaming only, of course) . Better graphics, keyboard and mouse, ect ect... But sometimes nothing beats sitting back in your chair and using a controller in front of a TV. As for me, the Xbox does just fine.