Xbox to 360 screen comparisons....

Discussion in 'Games' started by silverback66, Jan 3, 2006.

1. silverback66 macrumors regular

Does anybody have any screenshot comparisons of the current gen games compared to the next gen games? I'm curious to see how much of a difference there really is.

2. supergod macrumors 6502

I saw a review of King Kong that did just this. I believe it was on wired.com. it compared the graphics of the two systems.

Come on now though, are graphics really everything?

3. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

For me, Tiger Woods 2006 on the 360 when compared to 2005 on the normal Xbox show next to no difference for me, I really can't tell any great improvement over the old version on an older Xbox to the new version. But PGR3 looks a lot more realistic over PGR2.

4. supergod macrumors 6502

You're comparing late generation games on one system, with first gen on another. First gen games do not look nearly as good with few exceptions (first gen dreamcast games were quite a large leap forward). The technology needs time, and the graphics will be put to greater use. What I would be more concerned about though is some more obvious faults: the system crashes and runs hot, it is (despite some effort) still not cool or sleek looking but goofy and gimmicky, the price offers very little value for the consumer (with ridiculous acessory prices) and most importantly the games offer little improvement on interactivity over the last generation.

When PS3 was debuted, I thought immediately that I would want one. But now that that initial excitement has worn off, I figure I will probably wait on that system. The only system that at all interests me right now is the revolution: this coming from a person who has been a sega, sony, microsoft console owner with no loyalty to nintendo. Plus the lower price will be a large factor: I think if Nintendo can play their cards right, they can turn around their recent console losses. The majority of people I know, going into college, used to be hardcore game fans and now play rarely because the games are no longer interesting. If they can offer a low cost system with extremely fun games (remember when games were fun?) then I think they could sell a huge number of systems and get back into the game before the next generation.

So whether one game looks smoother or not, I care more about which game is more fun. On one side: another game in which you shoot people, watch cutscenes, there are great special effects and millions of characters on screen etc. On the other side, something new and different that is easy to learn how to play but difficult to master.

5. risc macrumors 68030

risc

gamespot.com have done this many times... check out their feature stories, reviews.