Xbox360+ iPod???

Discussion in 'Games' started by runninmac, May 12, 2005.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

My jaw just about droped when i heard this could it be?
    A xbox that alows you to store/transfer on your iPod?

# uropean release one week after the US
    # Japanese release in December
    # It’ll be out in less than 6 months (i.e. before November)
    # Halo 3 slated for 2005 release
    # The two types of Xbox Live appear to be correct
    # The X button is used for Xbox Live and displays your controller number
    # [Translated] “You will be able to transfer stuff from an iPod.”
    # USB-recharging of the controller batteries
    # Release titles include: Perfect Dark Zero, PGR3, and Kameo

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000777043180/

2. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

LOL, considering how much Microsoft has bashed the iPod just this week? We're talking about MS using Apple's DRMed AAC format on the XBox 360?

HIGHLY skeptical.

3. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

If it is true, that would give me plenty reason to get an iPod and an XBox 360!

4. Tech^salvager macrumors regular

well yes I agree with Praxis but can't the iPod play Mp3s too? or does it convert all audio into AAC

5. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Yeah, it does mp3s.

6. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

Well, DRM is different than just AAC. DRMed AACs can only be played by apple authorized devices, I hope this is like with when real hacked Apple's DRM and apple sued them. How good would it be if Apple took Microsoft to court?

7. iAdam macrumors member

Nope, its offical that it will work with the iPod, to what extent I don't know.

Xbox 360: Music Player

TriXie: So, game publishers don't have to do anything to implement this anymore. But what will I have to do to listen to my music on my Xbox 360? Will I need to rip all my CDs again?

Steinglass: Nope. Xbox 360 gives you flexibility around where you store your music. You can still rip CDs to the console's hard drive. But you can also store music on your PC and stream it to Xbox 360, or you can stream it from any portable media player, a Rio Carbon, or an iPod.

TriXie: No way. I can plug my iPod into my Xbox 360?

Steinglass: Yep. We know that a lot of people have spent a lot of time organizing their music on their PC or portable player. We see the Xbox 360 as replacing your CD player in your entertainment center, but also as the best digital media amplifier available. Your PC is a great place to manage your music, but it's not always the best place to enjoy it. With Xbox 360 you've got one central place to listen to all your music on the best sound system in the house.

8. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

makes me want to get one even more, personally I want to form a synergy between my PC and mac.

9. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

This just made me laugh! Just made me think "I can plug my iPod into my Xbox360? (what the hells a Rio?) :p

10. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

People People, this probably just means there is some AUX audio input. I'd really doubt it will be integrated like the BMW car stuff. Just audio pass through, no different than plugging your ipod into your stereo.

11. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

It makes it sound like you can actually take the songs from the iPod and put them on the Xbox 360's HD.
    I thought that was something that required a special app on a mac!

12. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

No kidding. The iPod's DRM does NOT allow you to transfer music off of it. Unless the XBox uses illegal software to rip it off the iPod, it won't happen.

UNLESS you store the music on the iPod using it like an external hard drive instead of syncing with iTunes. You could rip THAT music off.

So I wouldn't be surprised if it works that way.

13. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

sounds like it just records the music as its streaming through the headphone jack...

damn, and I was excited taht you might be able to plug in an iPod directly into the Xbox... talk about a great way to pirate games!... ;)