XBOX360 Trouble

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Telp, Jun 26, 2007.

1. macrumors 68040

Telp

Two problems:

First: I have an XBOX 360 hooked up to live. When i plug the headset in, it recognizes that it is plugged in, and i think other people can hear me, although i am really not sure, but i cant hear anyone through the headset, nor through the TV speakers.

Second: When i try and play HALO online, it says my account has been suspended till 9999. This happens on all regular XBOX games too. Any ideas? Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

All voice chat goes through the headset; I don't recall any games putting the voice chat dialogue through the system's audio out (ie tv, stereo, 5.1 system etc).

Try turning up the volume on the 360 headset...unless you're using a 3rd party headset...?

Banned console?
    Banned account?
    Those are my only ideas. :confused:
    Maybe call the Xbox Live support staff and ask?

3. thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

its not a 3rd party headset, the sound is up all the way, and i can hear it "power on" when i connect it to the controller.

4. macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Hmm...I would say maybe the speaker became disconnected, but you said you hear it power on so that's not it.

I'd call tech support and have them send a new one. (which reportedly is pretty easy and hassle free from what wwooden said in this thread)

5. thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Well the only thing is, its not a new headset. It just hasnt been used in awile, since Live hasnt been active for awile.

6. macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

I'd still call 'em, can't hurt anything. Worst case scenario - you lose a few minutes of the day. Best case - free new headset. ;)

7. thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp

Alright then, your right, cant hurt, thanks for the help.

8. macrumors 604

gkarris

You're console isn't "modded" is it?

9. thread starter macrumors 68040

Telp