xclusive: Book says Bush just using Christians

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Oct 12, 2006.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15228489/

how funny, altho they ARE nuts, its still surprise that i agree with Rove on this.

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Many have been saying this for a long time. Bush is playing the religious base like a master violinist. His actions have led to the deaths of thousands even up to 650,000 as recently stated by a recent study. How can a real christian kill folks when that is 100% against anything that Jesus taught. Bush is a false Christian but playing it to the hilt/ Love your God, Love each other,turn the cheek, those that live by the sword die by it and so many other things Jesus preached and taught. I dont claim to be religious at all but I do claim the things Jesus taught.

3. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

it was a research survey conducted by John Hopkins Uni. and Al Mustansiriya University in Baghdad.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thanks for the correction, hate seems to be a recent christian value these days.

5. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

I agree, they aren't christians, just like those extremist who aren't Muslims, you looking for truth from god, not imposing your "truth" on God, those who claim god told them what to do should all be sent to asylum.

6. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

Well Der!!!!! :rolleyes:

Those crazy Muslim Extremists are trying to attack our freedom
    to exploit gullible people.

7. toontra macrumors 6502

It's revealing that this should be even seen as "news". As a UK citizen I have been aware for years that the Bush neo-cons specifically and cynically targeted faith groups as part of their gerrymandering tactics from the outset.

Why should anyone in the US be even vaguely surprised by these "revelations"?

8. clevin thread starter macrumors G3

clevin

coz evil-angels don't think,

9. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

The book isn't out yet, so we don't know yet entirely what it says, but from what I've heard, I think the political repercussions are uncertain. It's difficult to know in which direction this thing will cut. For those of us who think Bush is too close to evangelical Christians, does this mean he really isn't? And what about evangelicals themselves -- will they abandon their belief that Bush is a "true Christian" president on the basis of a book? Or does it simply confirm another former staffer's description of the Bush White House as "Mayberry Machiavellians"?

This one could get complicated. Jump ye not to hasty conclusions.

10. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Many of us here realized it along with you. The reason people should be surprised is because of who is saying it. This messenger is much less likely to be dismissed by the very people who are under discussion.

11. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

I'm sure they'll get someone on the payroll to declare this book the work of the Devil himself.

Send more money to fight those Devil loving Democrats.

12. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, to "repurpose" some remarks I made elsewhere... :rolleyes:

One revelation, made the other night on Keith Olbermann's show, was that when Kuo asked how he was supposed to establish a faith-based office with no staff and no plan, Rove was alleged to have answered testily, "I don't know, just get me a ****ing faith-based thing."

And much of the Countdown discussion that followed centered around how this would hurt the Republicans 24 days from now. One or two experts proffered the opinion that this revelation, that the religious right was being used by the White House, would not cause the evangelicals to suddenly vote Democrat, but it would prompt many of them to stay home and sit on their hands.

And that just might be the final nail in the coffin.

13. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

To repurpose some of my earlier remarks... I am unconvinced of this outcome. One constant of belief is that it isn't easily shaken by the presentation of contrary evidence. Evangelicals have gotten very used to the idea of Bush being their man in the White House. I don't see many of them changing this view based on one book written by a former staffer who can easily be discredited.

14. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

That's a problem, isn't it? If the Democrats come up big in the upcoming election, there'll be so many reasons (the war, Bush, Katrina, Foley, Abramoff, Hastert, DeLay, Ney) that it'll be damn near impossible to say whether dissing the fundies had much to do with it.

15. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

In other similarly astonishing news: the sky is blue.

16. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

And water is wet, and grass is green. This isn't news, except maybe refreshing that the leader of the free world isn't a religious nut, just a 7 year old stuck in a man's body.