Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Caspa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2003
Sydney
Hi All,

Quick question regarding Xcode.
When I make new files it generates the usual:
/*
* untitled.h
* Project
* Created by bla bla on Fri Jan 09 2004.
* Copyright (c) 2004 __MyCompanyName__. All rights reserved.
*/

Anybody know how to set what it automatically generates, or at least set your company name? I've look everywhere in preferences, both in Xcode and Project builder.. anyone know?!

Caspa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2003
Sydney
grrr can't seem to get it to work..
copy-pasted defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions {ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; } into terminal (and tried it after su'ing) but gave me: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

iElvis

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2003
Wellington, New Zealand
I would love to know the answer to this too. I use xcode during school for my java class. I use my iBook while everyone else has to use the school comps (XP + Novell) including the teacher.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Originally posted by Caspa
grrr can't seem to get it to work..
copy-pasted defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions {ORGANIZATIONNAME = "My Company's Name"; } into terminal (and tried it after su'ing) but gave me: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

I can't get this to work either! Try opening the file (~Library/Preferences/com.apple.Xcode) in the plist editor and add the definition there instead.

cp21yos

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2002
Sydney
If you company name has spaces like mine...

you need to add single quotes:
defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions '{ORGANIZATIONNAME = "Some Company Name"; }'

Caspa

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2003
Sydney
Re: If you company name has spaces like mine...

Originally posted by cp21yos
you need to add single quotes:
defaults write com.apple.Xcode PBXCustomTemplateMacroDefinitions '{ORGANIZATIONNAME = "Some Company Name"; }'

Thanks heaps... worked! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.