xcode documentation

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jtgotsjets, Dec 20, 2004.

1. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

Is XCode documented very well anywhere? It doesn't have the easiest to use interface (at least not for someone who is used to using Visual Studio for the past 3 years), and I can't find a good starting place to learn this program.
    Basically, can anyone reccomend a good place to start/a good book to teach me to use XCode/some tips for someone coming from a Visual C++ background?

I start my Computer Science classes in a semester, so I want to brush up on my skills beforehand (I haven't done any programming since I finished high school).

2. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

There's a lot of official Apple docs for Xcode here. Various Cocoa books will also teach you quite a bit about Xcode, such as Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X by Aaron Hillegas, or Building Cocoa Applications by Simson Garfinkel & Michael K. Mahoney, or Vermont Recipes by Bill Cheeseman. Of course those are all focused on Cocoa and Objective-C programming, and that's what Apple's focus is for Xcode, although you can of course use it for C, C++, Java, and other languages.