Xcode help.

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by edge540, Dec 3, 2004.

1. edge540 macrumors regular

edge540

How does one compile the project so that xcode creates a self-contained executable so that i can pass it on to my friends computer and he can run it. As it is now, the executalbe refers to the source files so i would have to transfer everything over. Does anyone know how to create an executable, in xcode 1.5, that has all the neccessary files in it?

Thanks,

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Sorry, I'm away from my Mac and haven't used Xcode in a few months, but there is a build option to specify whether you're building for release or not - you want a "release" build to distribute. If no one else has replied, I'll post back once I get home. It's not a terribly obvious option, but it's not hidden either. It's a Build option - try looking around. I should be home in a few hours, and I'll look then.

3. edge540 thread starter macrumors regular

edge540

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm having the same problem. I can't find it. I've looked in the get info box and I just don't see it. Anyone have more detailed info?

5. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Click on Build in the toolbar. In the "Build Results" window select "Deployment" from the item in the toolbar called "Active Build Style". Click on Clean All. The Build again. You will now have a non-Zerolink stand alone executable.

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Thank you. I would have never found it.