Xcode Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by alaahershy, Sep 6, 2013.

1. macrumors member

Does anybody know how can i make a simple scroll right and left photo gallery in xcode, i already visited apple developer site , and I got no help from Photo scroller template. plzzz help

2. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Please elaborate. Why not?

3. thread starter macrumors member

So hard

Cz the tutorial that Apple offer is to long and not for beginners like me so i need a little help

4. dejo, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013

dejo

Staff Member

You're talking about the PhotoScroller sample app, yes? That's not a tutorial. It's sample code. Are you looking for a tutorial?

P.S. Is this thread just a follow-up to your previous thread?: Xcode Project "page based app"

5. thread starter macrumors member

Yes an easy tutorial plzzzzzzz

6. Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

What is your goal with this app? To learn a technique or just get a working app? Have you already tried searching for a tutorial? If so, what search phrase did you use?

And it would be polite to answer my other question (about the followup).

7. thread starter macrumors member

First of all sorry for the late replies, 2nd My goal is to make an app that have a 3 buttons , one of this buttons take me to another view controller where a bunch of image exists " about 150 imgs" and in this view controller i can swipe left and right to switch between imgs.
    Thanks in advance

8. macrumors 603

ArtOfWarfare

What is your background? Can you describe your programming experience? What languages do you know, how did you learn them, where did you learn them... do you even know what a language is or are you of the impression that Xcode is a language?

I'm feeling dismissive of you because of your writing style - it suggests you're some sort of lazy, whiney, punk that I'd rather not deal with. Could you please be just a bit more formal? (I'm not meaning to sound mean here - I just think it could help you in your quest for aid if your writing style and tone were different.)

9. thread starter macrumors member

I know 100% of c language and about 70%of objective c,and I know how to use Xcode and how to make simple apps like hello world and table apps and date picker etc..., what I need is so simple , My app should have 3 view controllers ,I know how to segue, one for menu and one for something else and the other is view controller that contain an UIimageView , and I need to make a swipe on this ui that change the images on NSArray where images exists,and last thing and need when swiping this images to appear a transitions between images.

10. macrumors newbie

Well, I am looking for some help as well, and could not find anything so far (since yesterday that I am searching). I found this topic and recognize my problem in the description of alaahershy's problem.

Basically, in my App, I want a certain Screen to display a gallery of half a dozen of photos that I can swipe left/right and with a small pagination in the bottom of the page (UIPageControl like).

I have found a way, using the default "Page-Based application" when creating a new project in Xcode. But I think there is a better way to do it, using the "Page View Controller". But I could not find any tutorial dealing with this specific Controller.

Could you help me understand this "Page View Controller", indicating a tutorial somewhere ?

Thanks.