Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gnutz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
I'm refreshing my Objective-C skills and tinkering with the iPhone and noticed this in Xcode when I move the mouse over a symbol:

attachment.php

Then clicking on the arrow with the mouse produces this menu:

attachment.php

This seems to be handy.

Been looking around for a keyboard shortcut to activate this. Does anyone know of one?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 478
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    11.7 KB · Views: 477

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
If you double-click something while holding down the command key it'll try to jump to its definition, but I'm not aware of shortcuts for the other features if that's what you're asking.

gnutz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Thanks for the shortcuts to the individual items. I did already find them in the documentation. Both good shortcuts. The Cmd-Ctrl-t to edit all in context especially. The jump-back to definition is also quite handy.

I was more curious about the behavior or the drop-down box/pop-up menu and getting that to activate on a shortcut. Can't seem to find any way.

Picked up this handy list of collected shortcuts here: http://cocoasamurai.blogspot.com/2008/02/complete-xcode-keyboard-shortcut-list.html

Just need a big enough piece of paper to print it off on, like A3, maybe at work.

Also, wish there were a shortcut for switching between split windows... and...

Nevermind, found it... Ctrl-Tab

Yay!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.