xcode+ ssh + g++ on remote machine

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by eyeburn, Mar 14, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2007

I am currently using xcode to do my programming projects. However I am using it as a text editor only. I am currently using transmit to auto upload my new files to my school's server then compiling on my school's server using an ssh terminal.

I was wondering, is there a way to set up xcode such that it uses my school's g++ compiler instead when I build projects? Can anyone point me to a good guide to read on how to do it? I would like to use some more advance features of xcode such as stepping through my program and checking memory leaks.
  2. macrumors 65816

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin, TX
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 1, 2007
    Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS release 5 (Tikanga)

rubric% g++ -v
    Using built-in specs.
    Target: x86_64-redhat-linux
    Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --enable-plugin --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.4.2-gcj- --with-cpu=generic --host=x86_64-redhat-linux
    Thread model: posix
    gcc version 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14)
  4. macrumors regular

Nov 7, 2004
    Since xcode creates builds w/ GCC, and thats just the collection w/ G++. Normally I don't have any trouble working w/ the GCC and moving my work over to the Red Hat server.