XP device drivers on MBP D2C

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by b4dirt, Nov 23, 2006.

1. b4dirt macrumors newbie

Nov 23, 2006
    I am looking into purchasing a MBP D2C. I need to run XP pro and a application specific driver for a laser cutter. Can anyone share their experience running Windows drivers on their MBP? What issues might I run into. I currently use this laser with XP and Dell PC's

How do you use a one button mouse on XP applications?
  2. architek macrumors member

Oct 27, 2006
    Sussex, UK
    Right click is done by putting two fingers on the mousepad and clicking the button. Seems the 'tap-on-the-mousepad' doesn't work in XP.
  3. diadem macrumors regular

Nov 13, 2006
    ok the mouse will not take long to get used to, just put two fingers o nthe track pad and press the mouse button.

Drivers ect are fine so far i have tryed 3 difrent sound cards in my studio in windows no problem, so I dont think you will have a problem. I might be wrong but you can get it test it if you have no luck then send the mac back.
  4. b4dirt thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 23, 2006
    Good input

Thank you for the reply. I sell laser systems and my primary supplier is very anti MAC. So I have been somewhat forced to use Windows based systems to run my business. I would prefer a MAC for the same reasons all of you do now. Price is not an issue in considering the MBP, it is strictly hardware and software driver concerns.

I have visited an Apple store and the sales guys are all " No Problem" to my questions. However, when I ask if I can bring in a driver CD and load it on a display model a wall went up. They say I can run XP on the MBP, yet, they don't have a single model with XP installed for a demo. They also told me if I load XP on my MBP I am on my own. I asked for a local customer that, I would pay, to test my application, yet, they had no one available.

I am turning to this forum for possible assistance.