XP Loses!!!

Discussion in 'Community' started by sparkleytone, Jun 24, 2002.

1. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

hahahaha, i have my girlfriend's computer to thank for this bit of humor. i recently got her an iTools account since she spends so much time drooling there anyways. she thought this was funny and so did i.

[​IMG]

2. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

umm, you might want to try that again, the url didn't even work.

3. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

ahh what the hell, these forums used to work...

Attached Files:

4. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

lol, thats right, microsoft needs people telling them that they arnt good enough,
    great idea apple

5. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

I had a job the other day where an XP auto-update made this guy's system incompatible with his ISP's modems. It took 10+ restarts to try to roll back the update. XP is bad :mad:

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

thats what happened to my friends puter man. trippy.

is xp pro better then regualr xp? why or why not?

7. Dunepilot macrumors 6502a

Dunepilot

XP Pro

From what I understand, XP Pro has all the good stuff in it, and if you buy a corporate license, you'll suffer a lot less from all the demands for online registrations to Microsoft and so on.

XP Home is supposed to basically have all the nice things that you and I take for granted ripped out of it, and it doesn't support multiple processor systems either.

8. sparkleytone thread starter macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

XP Pro BADBADBADBADBAD

<---- g/f here.

That lovely error message occured after my computer DECIDED to reboot while I was in the middle of ten things.....and that is on XP Professional Corp.

The only HUGE difference I have seen between the version I have and the home version is the networking capabilities "wintel style." (i.e. remote assistance as well as the ability to access your desktop as you left it from any computer which runs XP pro)

(I hope that makes sence) I admit it was a cute little tool at first.....but what use does ANYONE have for it when all I get are f*cking error messages when I reboot....for the THIRD time:)

~teh bish of sparkleytone

9. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

hehe we have Mr. and Mrs. B2TM.. now what? Mr. and (future) Mrs. Sparkleytone!!???

:D :D :D

irmongoose

10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Oh lord, what are the forums coming to? he,he.

Well, the biggest difference between the home and pro versions of XP is that the Pro version supports multi-processing, and also has the administrative capability to use terminal server. That is all that it is, but it is called Remote Desktop or something like that. Can't remember really. Anyway, I have found Pro to be more stable that the home version by far, so if you HAVE to use $hitP, then use the pro version.

11. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Yet another example of how bad XP is. That is really funny!

12. coolocity macrumors regular

hehe, I wonder how much hate mail Billy Rich rich gets a day. They really need to focus on the functionality (is that a word) of their products before they just try to make them look fancy.

13. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Re: XP Pro BADBADBADBADBAD

hehehe...well, theres just one more reason to use it as a door stop and get yourself a mac :D

No seriously, you know you want to. JUst look at Sparkleytone's computer....go ahead.

LOOK DAMNIT!

That's better...now isnt it a lovely piece of machinery? It looks so nice there, and it works too. No rebooting, Oh, and it does what you want it to....and no microsoft invading your life.

You need a mac honey, you'll like it.

Everyone here needs to get their significant others to get macs. My girlfriends getting one sometime within the next 6 months most likely...she wants to see if the iBook will get a superdrive in the next revision....then she replaces her HP POS.

if everyone's sig.Other got macs, we'd almost double the market share....:cool:

14. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

XP Home vs XP pro

Following on from the points made by B2TM...

XP Pro has massive security capabilities over XP Home. e.g. NTFS filesystem to secure folders and give individules different levels of access to them, better task manager (does XP home even have one? I've never used it), greater support for networking in large managed enviroments (Management via Active Directory, Domains) etc.

Really it's everything XP home is and more!

Multi CPU Support
    Networking Support (better than the home edition)
    Security (XP home is crap, but then XP Pro security isn't the best. How many critical updates m$?)
    NTFS Filesystem

If u've gotta have winblows, XP Pro is the best (and possibly Win2000 pro)

15. k00tgrrl macrumors newbie

<--formerly known as sparkleytone's bish

tesbgs....

Thanks for the encouragement:) I have been staring at this sexy laptop for longer than sparkleytone and I have been together.

Funny you should mention getting a mac....because after that incident last night the deed was done. I have decided to gut my computer, sell the parts, use the case as a doorstop, and BUY A MAC.

We are driving to the Apple store in Durham today to get prices:) Then i am going to start auctioning off body parts.

@~~`~~

16. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

Re: <--formerly known as sparkleytone's bish

CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm glad you've been enlightened :D

I'm sure you'll be MUCH happier with your mac then you can even imagine. ever been to an apple store before? They're so fun. I brought my GF there and that was the final incident to get her to decide to switch...I wish she'd just do it already, hopefully the next iBooks have superdrive in them so she'll get one and be happy.

Wow...now there are 2 couples on Macrumors...though MrsB2TM isnt around much....

I wonder how long it is till my GF decides to get on here (and I dont mean me, hehe)

17. King Cobra macrumors 603

LMGDAO! sparkley, you just made my day!

I'll admit, complXPee has improved in the number of bugs and crashes since Windoze 98 (NO I HAVEN'T DONE COMPARISONS...I get told this information by peecee users). But this is just to funny.

BTW, the link worked when I tried it...whatever. :cool:

18. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

teabgs, that is one hell 'tar man.
    Coolest one i've seen so far..

19. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

YEs Xp is bad! That is the freakin truth!

XP is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD!

My XP box isnt connected to the internet because that would render it totally useless! It's so close to being thown to an orphanage already!

I am afraid to even trying to update the XP Pro it uses, god knows what trouble that will bring.

I spent 3 grand on it and its a total piece of useless crap!

Sometimes I just stare at it and wonder why?

Others say wow your PC is so fast.

Sure it is, if I bother to turn is on and do nothing but open a few explorer windows and play some bad movies.

XP IS BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD !

20. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

XP Home can use the NTFS file system. You just have to convert you FAT 32 system to it. By default it is Fat 32.

21. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Realy? I didn't know that!
    I just presumed like the home OS's before it (95/98/ME) it didn't support NTFS.
    Ah well, can't be right all the time :eek:

22. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

$10 for your left boob. :D

23. King Cobra macrumors 603

Wow. That is some rather expensive SH|T! :D

Actually, you would be lucky if you had a slow peecee, since they don't crash so hard!

Hey, k00tgrrl, if you auction off what mcrain suggests what are you "left" with anyways? :cool:

24. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

OMG! MrsSparkleytone. Well, we have MrsBackthemac, so why not? Anyway, welcome, and home your here more than my ole lady.

25. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

why thank you. Thank you very much.

:D