Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
So I have been using the new bootcamp and xp on my mac pro and let me tell ya its a nightmare. Everytime I boot into xp its slow and I have the PATA as master so thats not it. It loads really slow also.

Now for the problems...

When I boot back into os x everything goes haywire. My 30" cinema won't work, my eyetv doesn't get a signal its all messed up. Turn off the mac pro and wait and reboot and things come back. This is not good. I have removed xp all together. Damn if I didn't need windows for work.

Origin

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
Nantes, France
Very strange, because numerous threads here confirms that Windows XP runs smoothly on MacPro with a master drive plugged-in the first IDE slot.

macenforcer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Colorado
Origin said:
Very strange, because numerous threads here confirms that Windows XP runs smoothly on MacPro with a master drive plugged-in the first IDE slot.

Sure if you use one monitor, don't have eye tv plugged in and not have used a fast pc to know the difference.

brockbr

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2006
Hmmmm - Interesting.

I run dual 20" LCD's and don't have *any* of the problems you describe.

I'm running a 400Gb IDE drive as master and my boot time is VERY quick - Faster then the Pentium D (dual core) machine it replaced.

MacProDude

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2006
SF Bay Area, CA
Sounds like a problem on your machine, not on everyone else's machines.

Did you change the optical drive to slave, or did you leave it in the default cable select mode?

CyberPrey

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2006
IGH, MN
I run dual 20" wide monitors, and I am used to a blisteringly fast PC....

Windows XP works fine on my Mac Pro except for the hard drive access times

amin

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2003
Boston, MA
Origin said:

What is an IDE slot? Do I have to order a different type of drive for this? I have three SATA internal drives for my Mac Pro, and one external FW 400 drive. Will neither of these options work well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.