XP Service Pack 3 (why I LOVE Apple)

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by d_saum, Jan 17, 2006.

1. d_saum macrumors 6502

d_saum

Just browsing Toms Hardware and saw this:

Microsoft has gone public with a tentative date for its third service pack for Windows XP. And that date - the latter half of 2007 - is considerably later than many company watchers were expecting.

Microsoft has published the due date for Windows XP SP3 (Service Pack 3) on its Windows Lifecycle Web site.

I mean seriously.... Thats a joke right? I love Xbox but as far as M$ and windows goes... Holy Hell! I am soooo glad I made the switch to Apple!!!! Thanks Stevie J!!!!

2. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

A service packs coming out the latter half of 2007. What is the issue?

3. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I was sooo anti-XBox for the first few months just because it was from Microsoft. But that all changed once I started playing Halo. Now with the 360 (awesome!), they really are doing a great job with the system. I have never owned a PC, I only use them in the computer labs at school. But they drive me crazy, I really don't know how people deal with it. If only there was SolidWorks for the Mac, I would have no interest at all in getting a PC.

4. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

I'm with you, I'm not exactly sure what he was referring to...

However, it is interesting that this Service Pack (XP Service Pack 3) was scheduled for release THIS SUMMER - mid-2006, BEFORE Vista shipped.

Therefore, they have suddenly moved it to over a year behind schedule. Which is hilarious in my opinion - supposedly they need more staff to work on Vista.

Anyway, maybe that delay is what he's referring to....although he didn't make it clear...

5. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

6. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

d_saum

Yeah, sorry for not being clear. I assumed it was kinda obvious what I was getting at. My bad. I just think its hysterical how slow M$ is at addressing security issues, getting out service packs (on time), and just overall how bloated and problem laden their OS's are. Honestly, I cannot wait to see how Vista ACTUALLY runs. I dont have high hopes so who knows.... I may be surprised.

7. Verto macrumors 6502a

Verto

That's what I thought :p

8. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

9. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

In case you don't know, service packs are this:

-Every update/security fix for Windows
    -Removing unneeded old Windows data
    -Speeding up performance and stability, and security
    -Occasionally but rarely new features (under the hood there are many, I'm talking about new apps).

Windows XP Service Pack 2 is secure and stable, so Service Pack 3 is not a necessity.

Besides, its being released AFTER Vista...

10. revfife macrumors regular

revfife

Really? secure and stable?

Now that is news, because I had 2 blue screens of death yesterday! :D

11. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Update your drivers? ;)

12. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

pssssh - that's nothing.

Did you hear about the ATM guy who got the blue screen of death after inserting his ATM card? We should start a thread about the worst/funniest Windows experiences ever...you know, being that this is MACrumors

13. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

A friend uses http://www.solidthinking.com/ which may help you. If you just want some 3D modeling software, Maya is good - http://www.alias.com/

14. d_saum thread starter macrumors 6502

d_saum

Hahahahaha.... Aaaaaahahaha.... man..... I cant stop laughing.... AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

(wiping tears out of my eyes).... wait what? Oh you're serious?