1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Xserve dual 1.33GHz: waiting...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Rower_CPU, Mar 10, 2003.

  1. Moderator emeritus


    Anyone else out there in MacRumorsland waiting for Apple to start shipping the new Xserves?

    We've got one coming in at work in "late March" according to Apple shipping schedule, and I'm frothing at the mouth already. :D
  2. macrumors 604


    Re: Xserve dual 1.33GHz: waiting...

    That is gonna be one sweet machine.

    You putting it to fold when it gets tired. :D
  3. Moderator emeritus

    Mr. Anderson

    Like rower needs any more machines....:D

    With the current 970 rumors, you a little concerned?

  4. Moderator emeritus


    Well, since it's going to be our main web/file server, no folding.

    It's gonna be running PHP/MySQL stuff, streaming video, etc. and I don't want to slow it down. Although, our bandwidth is the real limiting factor at this point (only 100 Mbit :( )...
  5. Moderator emeritus


    Nah, I'm not concerned for a couple of reasons:

    1) We barely got the money in for the purchase with the budget being what it is. Later there is less likelihood of getting the funding.

    2) We needed the new server last year already, so a delay doesn't save us anything in that respect either.

    Besides, as we all know, the 970s are nothing but a rumor until they get announced by Steve. ;)
  6. macrumors 604


    Only? :p

    Try using my bandwidth, 28.8k tops! Friggin SBC! :rolleyes:
  7. Moderator emeritus


    Are you running a server on that? :eek: :p
  8. macrumors 604



    it would be interesting if I tried eh? I am almost tempted to get a T1 in the house to get broadband! :rolleyes:

Share This Page