XServe garnering new respect!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by gopher, Aug 9, 2002.

1. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I know I want one. Apple is positioning itself very nicely.

2. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

yeah apple have stepped up in every market, and I love it, they have so many products to choose from and to suit everyone

I can't wait to see whats next

3. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

as great as we can say that it is.. the real problem is that it is kinda like politics when admins buy servers and stuff...

admins talk about their experiences with servers and stuff -- and are taught about the the best ones when theyre in school.. and i think itll be a while till mac servers catch on since they would a viable option till recently when the os has become so much more compatible... anyways, i think itll be a while till the xserves really become totally popular..

4. JABevan macrumors newbie

Xserve

There is a very high possibility we'll be picking one up in the next few weeks. We did a pretty intensive study of available servers and the Xserve stacked up VERY nicely in price comparison (not to mention maintenance, support... i.e. one source, and ease of use).

Looking for the Xraid...

5. iwantanewmac macrumors 6502

Does that include slow ass Powermacs? :)

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

Say what, iwantanewmac?

You know what? Way to go for the Xserve. Now, the question becomes: What happens to the Xserve once Apple has introduced faster PowerMacs? The Xserve is only a few months old, and usually updates are done every year/2.

7. Liamcow macrumors member

i saw this dell ad for rackable servers, they look almost exactly like the Xserve, only they have a huge round "dell" logo in the middle...typical:rolleyes:

8. whfsdude macrumors 6502a