Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dabria

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2002
This has most probably been posted before but it's late and I don't feel like searching throught the forums. I just found this little app and it is one of the nicest I've found so far. It's little, clean and damn usefull. Check it out.

http://www.pol-online.net

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
East Bay, CA
Am I missing something, or is this a complete joke? Maybe someone can remove this thread, as it appears to have no value?

Dan

Suspended
Jun 22, 2001
I tried X-tunes. It was ok but there was little or no use for it. You mite as well just make the itunes window the smallest it can be and use that. All xtunes does is fade away.

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Clones, Twins, and Duplicates...

yeah... I've noticed this too... a real rash of programs that do exactly what OS X programs from Apple do. iTunes seems to have it covered, and I've seen a lot of strange little Calendar programs popping up too, but iCal is killer.

I think it shows that some developers didn't have inside info and saw a niche, but once some of these programs got released, the developers were stuck with the developement going on, so just decided to finish and release.

Maybe there's some other functionality I'm overlooking with these programs, but the amazing Apple programs have much of this completely covered it seems to me.

:cool:

mymemory

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2001
Miami
Pol

Please, create an Apple Menu Items for OSX, I need it bad!!! It is faster and more flexible than the dock.

Thanx

ryme4reson

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2002
Cupertino CA
I think X-tunes rocks

I used xTunes all the time, its much fast to hit Apple+Spacebar+Rt arrow from ANY app to fwd to the next song then say...
Click ITunes Icon, and click right arrow, then click back to my current app.

Check out my website, see if you guys like it. Also, I put up some nice freeware/software that I use.

http://homepage.mac.com/jamesk777/

big

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2002
>Please, create an Apple Menu Items for OSX, I need it bad!!! It is faster and more flexible than the dock.

The app you are looking for is tigerlaunch, a VERY nice menu bar icon that allows full control over apps from a drop down menu

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
>Please, create an Apple Menu Items for OSX, I need it bad!!! It is faster and more flexible than the dock.

The app you are looking for is tigerlaunch, a VERY nice menu bar icon that allows full control over apps from a drop down menu

Another App that does a great jobis FruitMenu, which allows you to customize the Apple menu in MacOS X just like MacOS 9 and earlier.

JW

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
i really think that x-tunes is very helpful for me....when you are working in a program that takes up most of the screen and don't want to be switching between apps, it's very useful

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.