Yahba: Opus In-Ear Headphones

Discussion in 'iPod Gear Discussion' started by iPodGear, Apr 26, 2005.

1. iPodGear macrumors bot

Apr 10, 2005
  2. spaceballl macrumors 68030

Nov 2, 2003
    San Francisco, CA
    I've read a lot from people who LOVE these for the price. I've read a lot about people who hate them. Any feedback around here?
  3. nilo macrumors newbie

May 4, 2005

Got them yesterday, I am totally disappointed. Tinny sound, no Bass. Normal IPod headphones (no in-ear) sounding way better!

4. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    i've found with in-ear phones that positioning them correctly makes all the difference. i purchased the Sony mdr-ex71sl's because they got rave reviews...and hated them! after spending a couple of hours changing the inserts numerous times and messing with the way they were positioned in the ear canal--i ended up with a superb sound. oh, and i set the ipod EQ to " reduce treble".

just a thought before you dismiss the phones...but hey, it's all subjective.
  5. d_suprstar macrumors newbie

May 6, 2005

just yesterday i bought my fifth & hopefully last earphones
    this in-ear r effective but they don't have the greatest sound
    & not the best sound isolation
    i have to use these cuz i have small ears & all the others hurt my ears
    the regular earphones broke & the first in-ear i bought first one side lost the sound & then the other side
  6. crackrock macrumors member

Jul 20, 2004
    Cracktown, USA
    I've got these as a replacement for the regular iPod headphones, and I think they are more comfortable by far. You can sleep in these and you feel NOTHING when you wake up. The sound takes some getting used to, there is more thump in the bass but there aren't as many mids. The highs are very nice. I use the Rock setting on my iPod and I think the opus headphones are very good.

I'm done with the iPod earbuds.
  7. javiercr macrumors 6502

Apr 12, 2005
    i find the sony's amazing, but the cable is really week, and the pastic/ruber covering the cable in the white version is even weaker than the black version ( i've both and the white ones started showing the cables in 2 weeks :(
  8. Onishenko macrumors newbie

Nov 30, 2004
    Not worth the purchase

I had these shipped to me when I was living in England last year. The sound quality was nominal. Better then the stock iPod headphones, but not significantly. The fit was terrible though (at least for me). Very painful to wear for more then 30 min. I suppose the only selling feature was the low price.

Ironically, I lost it in a pub in Nottingham, so I won't need to worry about them anymore. Any recommendations for cheap in-ear headphones?

9. Last2Know macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2005
    Yahaba Opus found half price

I bought a pair of Yahaba Opus about a year ago and I was impressed. I have since bought eZGear eZEars SX50 and have been blown away. The best bit is I bought both pairs for about half the retail price. I found an excellent little site who sell Yahaba Opus as well as eZGear eZEars SX50. They are based in UK but post worldwide for no additional cost. They actually sell in the UK under the Brand name Soundwise, they are absolutely identical in every respect though. The service was super friendly and postage was fast, they even stuck in a little bar of chocolate!

10. gregg fisher macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006

:( this company is a joke ! i owned these ear phones for two months and the right side quit working , i sent them back with my proof of purchase over a month ago , todate ive e-mailed them 3 times and they do not respond. sounds like a scam company to me .
  11. gregg fisher macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
    :mad: this company is a joke , scam artist at best .will not make good on defective ear phones and will not return e-mails.
  12. Last2Know macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2005

I think the diffrence in opinion is, in part, due to expectation. Some people see heavy enhanced bass as good. If that you then avoid inear earphones.
    If you like crisp vocals, guitar and hearing more of the music in general then Opus is good and Ezears SX50/Soundwise F1 is really good. I used to like heavy bass then relised I missed half the music (maybe I am getting older?)

www.soundwise.co.uk gave me really good service. So I take it you meant www.yahaba.com is a joke. I think I did email them a question and got no answer, but then I found www.soundwise.co.uk and forgot. I am in UK so better for me anyway.
  13. jam7007 macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2006
    noo good

those headphones are honestly a hack job....the only company that makes good in-ear buds....in my opinion ofcourse....is sony....they actually DO make a differnce in sound but are a little costly...ive seen them go for 60$ b4
  14. Last2Know macrumors newbie

Oct 21, 2005
    Jam in your ears!

These earphones are a much better build quality than the sony ex71. I had a pair of sony that lasted all of 2 months. Also the Sony earphones have crapy rubber eartips rather than the longer lasting silicone (which is also more comfortable). Also sony have diffrent length cords that mean it pulls on one ear, very stupid in my opinion. The sound of Sony is fine, just they seem to have used softer plastics that fall apart. I think Yahba and Soundwise are better earphones and the fact you can get both for less than 1 pair of Sony means I know where my money is.
  15. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
  16. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Mar 15, 2006
    HB, CA
    this is a pointless topic-forum-thread thing. why does it deserve its own thread/forum-topic thing? advertising/money?:confused:
  17. wmmk macrumors 68020

Mar 28, 2006
    The Library.
    i dunno. hving an official ipod gear thread?
  18. Philberttheduck macrumors 6502a

Mar 15, 2006
    HB, CA
    for one, it's extremely confusing. the least they could do is rename it to be "iPodGear Discussion" because it would specify that this should be about a certain retailer/brand. And this thread started a LONG time ago. It should pretty much be GONZO. But if MacRumors is paid (via advertising/banner-ad) just change it to a one-word deal. like the website's name.
  19. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

Jan 24, 2006
    Bring this up in the site and forum feedback section. Your comments would be better used there.