Yahoo Chat and Keychain questions

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by mcrain, Jul 2, 2003.

1. mcrain macrumors 68000

Feb 8, 2002
    1. Does anyone know how to get the voice and video portions of Yahoo Chat to work on a mac? Is that possible?

2. For some reason, my computer can't find a keychain for me, and it constantly asks me if I want to create one. No matter how many times I say "yes, please create a keychain," there never seems to be one. Any ideas on why and how to fix?

Oh, one more...

Apple, when they reformatted my hard drive, misspelled my name on my Users account. Does anyone know how to change that account info?
  2. scan300 macrumors 6502

Mar 25, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Go to the accounts preference panel. Select the user your want to edit and select edit. You will need to enter your password in the 'current password' field to unlock the other greyed out fields.

If you are editing the administrator account, you probably won't be able to change your short name. I'm not sure what you can do here, possibly create another administrator account and delete your old incorrect account. (AFTER copying all your user files and preferences to a backup disk).

If that doesn't work, reinstall your system and build everything from scratch.

There may be a way to edit your info in Net-Info database, but I wouldn't know how to do that.
  3. iShater macrumors 604

Aug 13, 2002
    Unfortunately, Yahoo dropped the ball on this one. Even though hey support VIDEO on the Mac ( just plug in your camera and run it like YIM on the PC), YIM on the Mac does NOT support voice :rolleyes:
  4. ezra_freedman macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2003
    Venice, CA