1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Yahoo! doubles the price of music service

Discussion in 'iPod' started by nichos, Oct 27, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502

nichos

So if you were locked in with the subscription, you'd either have to give up your music, or pay the extra fee.
    link to article

2. Guest

Sky Blue

hahah! I wish i knew someone who was using that service. I would laugh at them very hard.
    A prime example of why subscription services suck.

3. Moderator emeritus

devilot

wait a sec..

4. macrumors 68020

dubbz

Hmm?

Anyway. It's still cheaper than Apple's subscription service.

5. macrumors 6502

nichos

But you renting it?! (the music)

6. macrumors 604

Lacero

Are you searching for a previous thread? I've looked. It might be one of the MacByte articles.

Basically, it's a bait and switch. :D

7. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Haha, my instant reaction was 'Repost!' but when I went back and found previous threads, they linked to different articles... so I thought I'd just let this go. But apparently soooome of you can't let me just back down. :eek:

8. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I feel like Yahoo is doing a great job advertising the merits of purchased music vs. a subscription model. I mean, I get scared every time Apple updates the iTMS agreement and I have to agree to it to keep using iTunes, but I continue to own the music. It would seriously suck to get priced out of your subscription and lose access to everything..... :(

9. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Basically like cable television, the evil circle where there only way to show increasing profits is to raise prices -- because their number of users aren't growing fast enough. :p