Yahoo introducing Podcasting tools

Discussion in 'iPod' started by mac-er, Oct 10, 2005.

1. mac-er macrumors 65816

Apr 9, 2003
    Yahoo is introducing tools to find and rate Podcasts.

I dunno, this kind of ticks me off. They want to compete with Apple with their music service, but when Apple is successful...they want a piece of pie.

I say, want your own music business? Stay out of the Podcasting business.

Isn't Apple trying to trademark "Podcast" or something?
  2. EGT macrumors 68000

Sep 4, 2003
    They're trying to get bragging rights on the term "podcast", yeah. Apple didn't come up with it though so whether or not it'll actually happen has yet to be seen.
  3. robx2 macrumors member

May 27, 2005
    Podcast... a misnomer and a portmanteau at the same time.

Good for Yahoo. I don't see any reason why Apple should have exclusive domain over a technology that just provides syndication of audio feeds. no Ipod or itunes required. It's like somebody trying to maintain exclusive rights to RSS.

Let's hope we see more tools for creating and searching podcasts as well as an open source standard.
  4. asif786 macrumors 65816

Jun 17, 2004
    London, UK.
    i noticed the support earlier today (and was glad to see mactv was included ;))

it's important that podcasting is spread to the masses. it doesn't matter who does it, so long as it gets exposure. so far apple have done a very good job..and yahoo just has to play catch-up.

still, not too shabby. better than the joke that is 'google reader' (which is just half-baked podcast support)