yahoo mail and safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gre2974, Jan 18, 2007.

1. gre2974 macrumors newbie

anyway i can use safari and see my mail using yahoo mail beta?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Yahoo says no and I believe it.

3. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Will Firefox work with it? I know that my Gmail account works a lot better with Firefox than it does with Safari.

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yahoo is right. Camino and Firefox display it right.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

What do people think about these sophisticated interfaces? AOL has a fairly elaborate one also, and I feel like... in spite of all that effort, GMail is actually much easier to use. :eek:

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

AOL is too slow
    Gmail used mass amount of AJAX, no graphic ads, so major operation is being handled locally, no need to wait for internet transfer of data, such that gmail's speed is related to your computer's speed.

AOL mail still has a bunch of ads on their UI, which need to transfer through internet, so slower than gmail..

7. Schtibbie macrumors 6502

Yeah, this is the second thing I've tried to do on my new Mac (I'm new to Mac) that hasn't worked. The first was Ikea's kitchen designer tool, and then when I logged into my Yahoo account (which I've had for 10 years) it told me that I could no longer use the new interface because I had a Mac.

Is stuff on the web going to start not supporting the Mac in the same way installable software often doesn't support Mac? If Yahoo moves to their new interface post-beta and doesn't fix Mac support, that's really gonna piss me off.

8. igucl macrumors 6502a

igucl

Have you tried to use Firefox on you Mac? Many of the web interface problems disappear with Firefox. Give it a shot.

9. El Magnificante macrumors member

Using Safari I can't view the TV schedule on Eurosport, nor can I build an M5 on bmwusa.com. Firefox renders both just fine. :confused: