yahoo messenger and msn messenger sometimes crashed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sunrobby, May 29, 2006.

1. sunrobby macrumors regular

i use intel mac (mac mini and mbp) and i use yahoo messenger (ver 2.5.3) and msn messenger (ver 5.1.1) and experienced that yahoo messenger sometimes crashed. This is what in the console:
    2006-05-29 19:06:13.138 DashboardClient[244] IP Change
    2006-05-29 19:06:13.398 DashboardClient[244] IP Change
    May 29 19:27:40 robby-surya-winardhis-computer crashdump[308]: Yahoo! Messenger crashed
    I dont know why there is IP Change in there, i use cable connection with Linksys router and dlink switch, and i think my local ip is still the same. So o dont know what does that IP Change mean. But maybe that IP Change is causing the YM to crashed for whatever reason.

Also, MSN messenger sometimes just get disconnected from the service that i need to reconnect. Nothing happen with my internet connection for sure. And this happen not in the same time when the YM is crashing.. just sometimes. Not quite often though.. Anyone experienced this?

2. peterparker macrumors regular

peterparker

I haven't experienced that particular issue. Have you tried Adium? It does multiple IM networks such as Yahoo, MSN, AIM, etc...

3. rspeaker macrumors 6502

I've had problems with MSN doing that even on my old PPC mini. And of course, it does it with my Intel iMac. I finally caved and got Adium.... it's not so bad, dare I say it's pretty good, and worth trying, at the least.

4. howesey macrumors 6502a

They do the same on Windows, just dodgy software.

5. sunrobby thread starter macrumors regular

ok i'll try Adium.. Thanks :) I must say that yahoo messenger for mac os is not really good, you can't scroll with your mouse scroll in your friends list. you have to use the scroll bar. The notifier (new mail, new friend goes online) will not appear if yahoo messenger is not in the front.. msn messenger is quite good, it's just get disconnected sometimes.. i'll try Adium..