Yahoo music on macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by londonguy, Apr 3, 2006.

1. londonguy macrumors newbie

I have a new macbook on which i have installed 'windows media player 9.0.0' but still cannot play any music from yahoo music.

Has anyone with a macbook got this too work ??? If so how?

2. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

I dunno

I don't know anything about Yahooooooo moooosic but if i were you, I'd try to download: http://www.flip4mac.com/ and see if this work. I have tried for video and it worked great.

Edit: The rumor is that Microsoft *possibly* stopped making Windows Media Player for mac and told the 3rd party developer to start makin' one. I don't know. That's how IE were dead.

3. londonguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi i just downloaded 'Flip4mac' and tried to install it but a message appears stating that it cannot be downloaded on intel hardware.

4. supremedesigner macrumors 6502a

supremedesigner

Oh yeah, that's right I forgot! I did same thing to my mom's intel iMac and it didn't work either. Crap! Sorry...:(

Updated: Why not iTunes? ;)

5. londonguy thread starter macrumors newbie

I just tried running flip4mac using rosetta. I got it to install but i still get the same error message in yahoo music 'error code : 0'.

If theres any suggestions, i would really appreciate them.

6. nutmac macrumors 68030

Yahoo's music files are DRM'd and Flip4Mac does not yet support DRM-enabled WMV/WMA files.

7. londonguy thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi there nutmac, Is there any way i can get it to work?

8. nutmac macrumors 68030

Microsoft has closed Windows Media DRM to Windows platform only, so your choices are rather limited:

1. Install Windows XP (on Intel Mac) or Virtual PC (on PPC Mac).

2. Wait for Flip4Mac to support WM DRM (somewhat doubtful, considering what Flip4Mac says.

3. Get a Windows computer.

9. khisayruou macrumors 6502a

khisayruou

LyFox works under PPC, you can try to see if it will work under rosetta, assuming that Flip4Mac works under rosetta as well. The program basically lets you search Yahoo Music and grab the videos.

http://fernyb.bpgames.net/?id=projects