Yahoo Music Service Launched

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by iPost, May 10, 2005.

1. iPost macrumors regular

If you have a PC, you can check out the new Yahoo music service at
    http://music.yahoo.com/musicengine

It'll be interesting to see if this pushes Apple towards offering a subscription service. At the cost of 5 tracks ($4.99) per month, you get access to the entire catalog.

Sounds like a bargain to me... but then again, I like the idea of a subscription service. I know that many here don't. Maybe if Steve Jobs gives his blessing to music subscriptions, y'all will come around ;)

2. Dahl macrumors 6502a

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

interesting, i wonder if this will pressure Apple and iTunes into a subscription service, i might be willing to try it for a few months or so, might be good depending on the price.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Cool but no thanks.

When I pay for something, I want to own it.. I am odd like that.

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i agree as well, but i think it might be nice to use it for a month or so off and on so i could explore some new bands before i purchase their stuff, that way i could get a feel for them first, legaly and more than a 30 second preview too

this is probably the only way i would use a subsription plan

6. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

That is a great point,

I didn't think of it like that. I guess I have always used internet radio for that purpose, but the fact that you can actually select the song with Yahooo or Napster, is a good value.

I may consider it, as long as there is no contract that states you need to stay signed up for over a month or so.