Yahoo! Name Change

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by n-abounds, Oct 17, 2006.

1. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Anyone know how to change the name that is sent along with my emails on yahoo? For example, say my name is secondwak@yahoo.com, when I send it to someone they see my email address and a name like "Keith Dial" <secondwake@yahoo.com>. Anyone know how to change this (the "Keith Dial")? I've changed other parts that show my name, but I can't change that. TY in advance.

2. seabass069 macrumors regular

Why would you want to change your name? If you send someone an e-mail, it is going to pop up as someone else. They are more likely to delete your e-mail and think of it as spam.

3. n-abounds thread starter macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Say I don't want someone to know my name, but I want to keep my email address.

4. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Why would you want to hide your name if it wasn't spam?

Edit: I'm retracting the question. There probably are very good reasons why you'd want to hide your name but not your email address. Apologies.

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

How are you sending the email? using Yahoo's Web based client, or via Mail.app or Thunderbird?

B

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Login to Yahoo Mail and click the options link on the top right. Next, click General Preferences under the Management column. You can change the "From name" right there.

7. n-abounds thread starter macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Bingo. Thanks!