YAHOO not recognizing Mobile me subscriptions

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by MHenigan50, Jul 14, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Am I missing something that I am not aware of?

I signed up for MobileMe with the intent on using it along with Mail for my primary email program. I have been using Entourage and loved the idea of PUSH etc, so I got my new account with MobileMe.

Only when I went over to my Yahoo Groups to add this email address and change my groups to it I got this error message (after digging around for a while I might add)

• Your email address "xxx@me.com" is in an invalid format.
    • Invalid Email Address.Your Email address of xxx@me.com belongs to me.com which has requested not to be used in Yahoo! registrations. Please contact the owner of this domain directly for more information.

Anyone know anything about this at all?

Mike

2. macrumors regular

No idea, I used to use the email me@me.com if i didn't want people to know my email address maybe the previous osowner of the domain requested this from yahoo due to the amount of traffic his servers where getting or something

3. macrumors member

I use Yahoo groups all of the time and this screws me big time.

Anyone know if we can do anything about this?

4. macrumors 603

swiftaw

Why not just use the @mac.com version of your @me.com email.

Edit: Although, I'm not sure if new signups get a @mac.com email, or whether it is just people who came over from .mac.

5. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That seems to pretty much sum it up, Yahoo have blocked @me.com as a usable domain, be it by request from the domain owner (as suggested), or just because they felt like it.

Contact Apple/Yahoo?