Yahoo problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peacenik, Feb 28, 2003.

1. peacenik macrumors member

Weird. Just got my used FP iMac, using IE 5.2 for Mac, and I am having this problem wherein the text in the body of Yahoo email, either email I am reading or composing, is so faded out that I can barely read it.

Also, most of the images on the personalized My Yahoo pages I've set up are faded, as if the display's brightness and/or contrast settings are maxed out, but they are not.

Checked knowledge base and came up empty.

2. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I've never run into that problem on my FP iMac. Perhaps it is IE that is the problem. Have you tried another browser like Safari or Chimera?

Glenn

3. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

I just tried to re create your problem, but yahoo mail and my messages loaded fine.

4. peacenik thread starter macrumors member

I did download Chimera last night, but did not check Yahoo. I will check tonight.

I am going to be updating to Jaguar next week, and then will be getting Safari, so hopefully those two things will make this all moot. I was just curious to see if anyone knew of a quick fix.

Thanks!

5. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Post back here and let us know. IE is such a dog of a program, I wouldn't be surprised if it is the culprit.

6. peacenik thread starter macrumors member

7. peacenik thread starter macrumors member

Well, I used Chimera and the problem happens there too. I guess that takes the blame away from IE.

Any other thoughts? Anyone?

Thanks!