Yahoo Sports for iOS Adds Full MMA Coverage, Refined Scoring Summaries for Football Games

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Aug 21, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Yahoo has officially updated its Yahoo! Sports app for iOS, adding a host of new features such as full coverage for Mixed Martial Arts organizations, as well as scores, news, and standings for the WNBA and a refined look with full, updated scoring summaries and extended details for football games. The app also brings fixes to external article rendering, as well as a refined view for football fields on the iPad.

[​IMG]
    The app, formerly known as Yahoo! Sportacular, relaunched two months ago and brought universal support to iOS devices, data syncing, and a redesigned interface. Yahoo also updated its fantasy football iOS app with mobile drafting earlier this year. Yahoo Sports! is a free download for the iPhone and iPad. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Yahoo Sports for iOS Adds Full MMA Coverage, Refined Scoring Summaries for Football Games

2. macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

Awesome.

3. macrumors 6502a

rosalindavenue

I've gone through a lot of scores apps, because I find a lot of them are not reliable on cellular data. In years past the ESPN and Yahoo ones failed me. Right now I am using a very simple, scores only app called "Sports Alerts;" I dont even use the alerts, but the scores seem to work every time, no matter what kind of connection I have.

4. macrumors 68020

its working on iOS 7 beta 6. i deleted the app because it kept crashing on the betas. glad to see it working.

5. macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

It's running very slow for me on beta 6. Prior to the update it wasn't working at all on beta 6.

Guess I'll delete and try a new install.

6. macrumors 6502

it laggs like hell in beta 6.

7. macrumors regular

really slow and laggy on BETA 6 iOS7, i hope it runs smoothly on the final version of iOS7.