Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FriarTuck

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2003
Chicago area
100 MB is currently a $60 upgrade at Yahoo.

I'm paying for $30 for 25 MB and the other "Plus" features.

Hard to believe they're going to make up for that lost revenue with ads inserted in e-mails.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I love this doublespeak: Yahoo first announced that their premium users would get "virtually unlimited" storage space. Sounds like it's more than competitor Google's 1GB, right? However, when pressed, a Yahoo spokesperson defined "virtually unlimited" as 1GB!

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
it's like a bad breakup between yahoo and google.
they break up, yahoo finds it's own search engine to out-do google, then google tries to show off to it's ex with GMail, now yahoo's trying to get back at google with new yahoo mail. wow. what will be next?

DeadEye686

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2003
Austin
bennetsaysargh said:
it's like a bad breakup between yahoo and google.
they break up, yahoo finds it's own search engine to out-do google, then google tries to show off to it's ex with GMail, now yahoo's trying to get back at google with new yahoo mail. wow. what will be next?

:laff:

Elan0204

macrumors 65816
Apr 16, 2002
Chicago, IL
Hopefully hotmail will follow by increasing their storage limit too. I think it is something ridiculously small, like 2MB, right now. Plus, mail in the junk box counts towards your storage limit, unlike Yahoo's policy. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft made no changes to hotmail.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Bah, CrispyMail already has 100MB of mail space. The service is no joke, either, since I've been sending and receiving test emails in under a minute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.