Yahoo Widgets & Apple Widgets

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by elisha cuthbert, Apr 30, 2006.

1. elisha cuthbert macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Is it possible to convert a yahoo widget to a widget that will run nativley on dashboard?

2. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

there's actually a widget that does just that, and it's at the yahoo page. it's called widget converter, i think.

btw, they don;t make 933 Mhz G5s or iBook G5's either. i think your sig is either a joke or confused

3. elisha cuthbert thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

Naa its just because I borrow the neighbours internet at different times and the names are just so they donot know who it is (they think that there are ibook G6's so i think im safe for a while

4. elisha cuthbert thread starter macrumors 6502a

elisha cuthbert

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

bump..

this is what i'm looking for, but i can't find any such widget on the yahoo site..

anyone got a link?

OR

do yahoo widgets work automatically with dashboard?

thanks

6. Mesa Dynamics macrumors newbie

No, there's no such thing (the Konfab/Yahoo "converter" mentioned above is only for making sure Mac Konfabulator widgets can run on Windows -- and vice-versa).

Yahoo widgets and Dashboard widgets have entriely different structures, so a true "conversion" program would be extremely difficult to write.

This question gets asked a lot at the Konfabulator forums, and some widget authors have indeed ported their widgets manually from one environment to the other. So if you're interested in learning how you may want to ask over there.