Yahoo Word Racer Problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by kretzy, Jun 29, 2005.

1. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    I'm addicted to this java game on Yahoo, called Word Racer. I installed Tiger yesterday and I was really dissapointed when I went to play it, it didnt display properly. It was fine in 10.3, but now the font it uses to displays the letters is unreadable.

Can anyone here help me? Do I need to change Java settings or something, and if yes, how?

I'd really appreciate any input, I need to play it again!

Thanks a lot.
  2. gadgetgrrl macrumors newbie

Oct 5, 2005
    word racer fix

ran into the same problem, but am happy to report that i found a fix. trying to post everywhere so no one has to waste any more time. =)

"for me, if i disable font "#HeadLineA", with Font Book, it changes the font within yahoo games but it's still an ugly cursive script font. i then disabled "#PilGi" font. it's much easier to read now. i'm not sure what determines the font but it's a work around."

3. hyperrific macrumors newbie

Jul 7, 2008
    yay thanks for the tip. i actually prefer to disable all of the fonts but arial, then the text resembles what it looks like on a pc - clear/bold. i also find that if i don't restart my browser before playing, it reverts to the crazy font when i switch rooms. tried other things like changing the browser user agent, but such methods didn't seem to do anything. this seems best. i even go so far as changing the screen resolution to 800x600. yay back to addiction :x