YANKEES are going to win it all...just face it Bosox Fans!

Discussion in 'Community' started by KiDrOck80, Jun 26, 2004.

1. KiDrOck80 macrumors member

KiDrOck80

the yankees will win the WS....boston should just give up now...the curse will live on forever :D

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Excellent...we now have a Pro-Yankees thread to "contest" against the Red Sox thread. Though I think a Yankees vs. Red Sox thread would have been better, and one sided in our favor, of course. :D

3. KiDrOck80 thread starter macrumors member

KiDrOck80

hahaha true... but people need to know that the yankees are the best..they always have and always will...and as long as the yankees are..Boston will be 2nd rate, RIGHT behind the yankees(atleast in the AL)

4. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I love the Yankees, but I am not quite ready to pencil them in as winners yet. Their bullpen is strong and their offense is amazing, and hasn't really scratched the surface yet. But personally, I would feel a whole lot better if they could acquire someone such as Freddy Garcia from the Mariners, or even better to help shore up the rotation, which I think is their only possible weak point. Just my 2 cents. Regardless, I think that they are going to bury the Sox before the season is over.

5. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

THE THREAD IS A CAN OF YANKEE NUTS!

YAH RIGHT.

The Yankees would have a better chance with my Grandma in the bull pen to win it all. I am not going to say that the Red Sox are going to win it all, but I can say that the Yankees won't.

I can't wait till Tuesday so us sox fans can remind you Pin Striped Pukes who's who this year. You can have the penant! It will be more fun winning it as the wildcard. Like last year should have been if you had not have been so lucky. All you Yankee fans that wanna say it was not luck you are nuts. A player wacking a HR after going 1-16 in the series in extra innings is just that LUCK!

Let's see what happens after this series this week. You all might just have to go for the Mets this year.

6. KiDrOck80 thread starter macrumors member

KiDrOck80

IF the yankees sweep the red sox in this next series..or lose it...we will still be in first place! remember that :D

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

No they won't. Yes I'm a red sox fan, but objectively speaking, the yanks don't have what it takes this year. Specifically, they don't have the pitching. Vasquez is your only legit starter. Mussina is fine for a #2, but he's no ace. You'll be lucky if Brown is healthy enough to pitch in October, but even if he is, his 4+ ERA won't be winning anything. So that leaves who - Lieber and Contreras? Don't make me laugh.

I'm not saying the sox are winning anything either, because at this point they look pretty awful. But starting pitching wins in the postseason, and the yanks don't have it.

8. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

Did yah even read my post????

I do not care if we win the AL East. We will take you out as the Wildcard. That will be piss off Mr. Georgie even more as well as entertain me. The yanks do not have a chance against the Red Sox bull pen in 7.

If you want to argue that then fine, but make sure you look at what's in your bull pen before you do that.

9. King Cobra macrumors 603

I bet she must be the only grandma out there that says that to you just so she can get an autograph...or a dry bag for her hands. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

You can tell we're warming up for the Bosux, as we let the Mets beat us for a change so we don't overwork ourselves for when we kick your asses back to the east side of M.A. [​IMG]

10. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

As for the refrence to my Grandma, she still would be slinging the ball o' twine a hell of a lot better than the dopes you all have.

And for the comment about letting the Mets beat you all to rest for Tuesday. Was that your excuse when Florida handed you your buts last October. Just resting for the beggining of this years series against the "bosux"??? It did a lot of good!!! They "bosuxed" you to one of your worst starts in years.

Like I said lets meet back here when the series is over to further discuss this!

11. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

HAHAHA, its funny that you know the Yankees won't win the series, but EVERYONE know the the BoSox will never win it!

Muwahahahahahaha. Can we say Aaron Boone? HAHAHAH

HAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

*Goes and watches HR clip and the comes back*

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

12. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Funny how this is a Yankees thread and the ad's at the bottom are for the Red Sox.
    Anyways Yanks won't win it, and at the moment the Sox aren't looking to hot as well. Im liking the looks of a Marlins or Astros in the NL and the Angels or Sox/Yanks in the AL, WS. We shall see the year is only half over and remember Yankee fans Sox lead the series this year 6-1. Proves pitching is everything considering the Yanks line up is basically the starting line up for the All Star game.

13. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Hey BOSOX78250, I cannot believe you are running all of this smack. I did not think you would have recovered yet from our Texas Ranger roady!! :D
    (On a side not, Shel traded her PB for my ibook ;)

14. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Why do people start these threads saying that its over and every team should give up becasue our team is the greatest and blah blah blah in friggin June?! You guys do know there are like 120 more games right? :eek:

15. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Er, the entire season is about that long.

And Aaron Boone? Please at least reference someone who's still on the team this year :rolleyes:

Once Nomar, Trot, Bill, and Curt are back on form... ;)

16. KiDrOck80 thread starter macrumors member

KiDrOck80

Im tellin ya....wait until the yankees lineup gets hot...not even the bosox "great" bullpen will stop em...The curse is merely a scapegoat for the Bosox,when they lose to the yankees they say it was the curse, because they cant admitt that they blow. Those devil rays are creepin up on the BOsox..im thinkin they are gonna knock boston out of the wildcard spot...now wouldnt that just suck?? :D

17. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

There is one thing everyone needs to remember. The Yankees are as hot right now as they will ever be. The Red Sox have not even had thier complete starting line up on the field once this year.

Yankees fans can all thank Grady Little and 1-16 Aaron Boone for saving your tails last year. Lets see who is going to do it this year.

THE DEVIL RAYS??????? Kid you are not showing your baseball savy with these ridiculous posts. Although a hot team right now, not a chance to take the Wildcard spot. Who are you kidding (no pun intended)?

Will you all you Yankees fans please come back to this thread this week after the series. Do not all jump off the band wagon ansd disappear into the wood work. Come back to face the music!!!!

18. BOSOX78250 macrumors newbie

I cannot believe you would bring that up in public!!! The Red Sox could loose every game of the year as long as the whoop the Yankers!

DO YOU HATE THEM THAT MUCH!!!!!!! Now I am going to eat a snickers with Lawrence. then I will go get Rhett from rehab. What a crazy day!

19. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

For one the entire season is 162 games. There are about 90 games left and its going to be a fight to the finish.

20. King Cobra macrumors 603

Note to djbahdow01: Your signature is like 6x longer than your posts... :mad:

You know, back and forth "You know nothing about..." posts like the ones above show to me just what a sports team thread should (and shouldn't) be. When I see a sports team thread, I expect that there be a lot of Yankees fans, a lot of Red Sox fans, each promoting his/her team, and some back and forth casual taunting. I don't expect to see personal insults or personal remarks that extend away from the Yankees/Red Sox discussions. I think the "kid" comment above in "BOSOX78250"'s post clearly shows that difference.

Anyways, we'll see if the Mets -- *shutters* -- can win the second game vs. us tonight.

21. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I think the KID comment was not meant maliciously, it was in reference to the posters name. 'KIDROCK80' Although, I personally know BOSTON78250, and he is a typical Boston fan. NOMAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!

22. King Cobra macrumors 603

I didn't think it was "malicious" either, but it takes away from the casual enjoyment of a Yankees/Red Sox bashing...mostly Red Sox. :D

23. KiDrOck80 thread starter macrumors member

KiDrOck80

The DevilRays are 4 games behind Boston..there is a damn good chance they will catch up to them and possibly put Boston behind them, Especially if the yankees rock them.......BUT if Boston pulls out some wins against the yanks, all the power to them, im not the kind of fan to be a sore loser and make up reasons why boston won, or why the yankes lost..like other posts on here..there still about 90 games left..and im very optimistic.....theres a fine line between casual back and forth "arguing"..and making comments about other people and their opinions....

24. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

devil rays beating the sox for the wild card spot? give me a break. a young team that went on a hot streak is not going to contend for the entire season.

25. KiDrOck80 thread starter macrumors member

KiDrOck80

If i remember correctly...there was alot of young players that played for the marlins..and they won the world series...ANYTHING can happen