Yanni Arrested in Florida in Alleged Domestic Dispute

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacNut, Mar 7, 2006.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

MANALAPAN, Fla. (March 7) - The musician Yanni was arrested at his home after an alleged domestic dispute with his girlfriend, authorities said.

Yanni, whose legal name is John Yanni Christopher, was arrested early Friday and faces a domestic battery charge, according to a police report.

The Greek-born singer-pianist denied the allegations.

Yanni asked his girlfriend, Silvia Barthes, to leave his beachfront home in Manalapan on Thursday night, the police report said. Barthes, 33, told police she attempted to pack her clothing but the 51-year-old musician threw it on the ground.

She told officers he then grabbed her arms and shook her, throwing her on the bed, and jumped on top of her, according to the report.

Yanni told police Barthes kicked him, and he believed he injured his finger during the incident, the report said.

No one answered a call to a telephone listing for a John Christopher in Manalapan late Monday. But the musician said in a statement he was innocent.

"These allegations are cruel, false, without merit and baseless," said the statement released by his manager, Danny O'Donovan. "At a more appropriate time and place, I hope and pray I will have an opportunity to address my fans and colleagues all over the world."

2. leftbanke7 macrumors 6502a

leftbanke7

3. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Just let them duke it out..i'm sure Yanni will sing a song and she'll run back on top of him...no biggie.

Bless

4. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Boo!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. treblah macrumors 65816

treblah

*runs to Tivo* NBC, 12:30, Conan O'Brien, select, Record!

:D

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Very.

I can't wait for the Yanni's rendition of this event in New Age music...:rolleyes:

His mugshot looks so trailer-trash.

7. turbopants macrumors regular

Just visualizing that news story in my head gave me the creeps. :eek:

8. realityisterror macrumors 65816

realityisterror

I'm too young to have ever listened to Yanni, but I though this guy was long dead and retired.

Well maybe not dead and retired, but whatever...
    He strangely reminds me of Fabio, though I'm too young to know who he really is either :p

9. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Then you probably are also unaware that he received his break by virtue of a relationship he had with actress Linda Evans (TV show "Dynasty").

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,2444,00.html