YATHSWS...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by clayj, Mar 3, 2005.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

... or, Yet Another Teacher Having Sex With Students. 5 of them, this time. Yikes! (Trust me, this is NOT one of those teachers you wonder "where were they when I was in school?")

2. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

She's hott. :rolleyes: :eek: :p :eek:

Attached Files:

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Enough said.

4. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Man this is so bad, so many ways, it makes me sick. :mad:

5. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Wow - more and more of this stuff all the time. I know people in general have backed off of organized religion, but even with out religion isn't there like a moral or ethical brain cell that could be accessed? It is the current way of the world - some believe it is because the media is everywhere, but I really think it is the increasingly downward trend of society...tis a shame. One would think we as humans were meant for something more...better...something...

6. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

<RANT>
    Hmm, we feel it's OK to judge because they don't look like a model? Implying the crime would have been less serious (or at the least, more understandable) if they had looked like Nicole Kidman? Or Antonio Banderas?

The crime is abuse of trust here, guys, not lack of attractiveness. You don't do it with children, nohow. And you don't do it with people even of a legal age if you are in a position of trust/power over them - teacher, scout leader, doctor, priest, police, whatever.

Doesn't matter if it was guy on girl, guy on guy, girl on guy, or any variation. And it especially doesn't matter whether someone could say "well $#!^,
    I wouldn't have minded with her/him".

And it p!$$=$ me off that we find this a worthy thing to smirk about it here; writing and reading these threads (and I include myself in We, I read the #^$%!ng things)
    </RANT>

7. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

Actually, I'm equally disturbed by ALL of these incidents... you're correct that it doesn't matter what the teacher looks like. I truly believe that most of us here who've made comments like "I wish I had a teacher that looked like that back in high school" are being at least a little bit facetious... my comment was facetious, in that I was "warning" readers that this was not a case where anyone was likely to wish they'd had a teacher who looked like that in school.

And yes, there is a double standard with regards to whether the adult is a female (generally viewed as more acceptable) or a male (generally viewed as more reprehensible). A lot of that boils down to the traditional male/female relationship in Western societies.

They oughta throw the book at EVERYONE who abuses a child, especially a teacher, doctor, or anyone else with special responsibility for dealing with children as part of their job.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I totally dislike what she has done. On a different side though, it always seems that a mug shot tends to make a person look much worse than they actually look. She may be overweight, but that doesn't mean she isn't nice looking when she is dressed up.

9. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

i applaud your attempt to make her look attractive, but there is not justification for what she has done.....no matter if she is hot or not...the repeatedness of this type of behaviour is absolutely horrible, and while I know that it has always existed, the prevalance of it is starting to really worry me :mad:

10. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

This case is far worse than some of the others reported in this forum - these kids were in 6th grade. At 11, they qualify - probably - as prepubescent, which makes her a pedophile. That's just not defensible. 16 year olds having sex with teachers: not great. 11 year olds having sex with teachers: terrible.

And, yes, I do think her appearance comes into play here. A very attractive teacher is more likely to be coveted, at least by students past puberty, and the sex, while wrong, is likely at least consensual (ignoring for a second how old one has to be to "consent"). But an unattractive teacher - this one looks far older than 37 - is more likely to have coerced the children.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I wonder if it's more prevalent or if schools and parents are becoming more alert. News of one teacher/student sex story might encourage kids to talk of other such incidents.

12. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Probably hearing about it made the kids come forward. Molesters often use shame to keep the kids silent. Once there is a group coming forward it becomes okay to come forward.

Then again we could be looking at copycat instances like the south park episode where the kids started making wild molested accusations and got all the adults locked up.

13. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Very scary! :eek:

14. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i dont understand the double standard when it comes to women teachers and men teachers

if a guy did it with girl students no issue at all, slammer time for him
    yet the media makesa big deal when women teachers do it...whatever

send them all to prison