YAY! I got a job in a Apple store!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BoneyardBoy, Jul 9, 2004.

1. BoneyardBoy macrumors member

Well... kind of. It's called Cancom but they're a Apple retailer so sell nothing but Apple stuff. I get to play with the G5's, Powerbooks, and see/set up all the new gear that comes in. Plus if i get the chance when everybody's round the back and im alone in the store rub my hands together and glare at all the macs saying in a creepy voice "my pretties!" mwahahahaha

2. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I imagine him as Hamilton Morris. Man, I hate that kid. Anyway... I hope you like your job. How old are you?

3. BoneyardBoy thread starter macrumors member

Oh... shucks lol. I'm 19 and much less nerdier than "Hamilton Morris". ("I put everything on my iPod... it makes me feel powerful." lmao) I started last week and you'd be surprised what kind of people u get in stores that sell Apple stuff

4. jimsowden macrumors 68000

jimsowden

I think I know. Look at my occupation. Been in Apple retail for about a year. I was as excited when I got the job as you, and the reality is that the it really rocks! I couldn't imagine a better job right now.

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Congrats on the new job! I kinda envy you as I'm having a hell of a time getting a job as a Technician in either platform!

Hope you're happy! I know I would be!

6. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

What do you mean? I've heard some pretty dumb things people do to their computers...

7. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Congratulations! Have fun knowing most of us are jealous :)

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Congratulations about your new job. Good luck with the people. They can certainly be a challenge.

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I have a friend that works at the Apple Store St. Louis and I think that 'the people' are generally misinformed people that wonder things like:

• Can Mac's browse the internet?
    • Can I send and receive E-mail on a Mac?
    • Mac's aren't compatible with Windows are they?
    • Why don't the mice have a second button?

10. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Ohhh Cancom?

It's a great place, I've got stuff from there sometime ago, the only cancom store I know, it's the one in Düsseldorf - Germany ... where are you?

11. zakee00 macrumors regular

zakee00

wow thats really cool...im only 14, but i could most likely get a job at my local retailer in a few years. im really good with computers and selling stuff :p lol, congrats thats awesome i would be the same way.

12. musicpyrite macrumors 68000

musicpyrite

Yea, I was thinking it was that.

Here are some of the things that I have heard from people I know:

- MAC'S have more virii than Windws!
    - MAC'S copied the GUI off Windows!
    - MAC'S are gay because of the fruity colors. (refering to the G3 iMacs, and laptops)
    - Windows is more stable than a MAC.
    - DOS is better and more felexable than UNIX.
    - You can't overclock a MAC.
    - (and my favorite) "my Pentium IIII 1.6 GHz (overclocked to 2.0) is faster than your G4 1.5 GHz.

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

and those are great questions cause it excites them even more when you tell them it does work, and even easier than they expected. the biggest advice i can offer to someone selling macs. first being know the computers and software in and out and know the competetion. it's much easier to sell a mac to a windows customer if you use windows and know windows. and you would be surprised at how many customers value your choice on macs over windows even when you use both in the real world.

iJon

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on your new job. I can't even imagine what it would be like. Think that I would be very excited and react the same way you have. What kind of discount do you receive on hardware and software?