Yay! I got my new ALbook, but I need help!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Six, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Six macrumors regular

Alrighty, so i got my new 15.2 Albook, and boooooy is it AWESOME. it's runnin 10.2, and i need some help getting files from an ibook running 10.1 to my beautiful new pbook. the pbook has airport, but not the ibook, but the ibook is connected to the internet. can i file share over the net so i dont have to change network stuff? or do i have to do a direct connection between them with their ethernet ports? if so, how do i do it? i need to get the files on this computer ASAP!!!! thanks a ton for your help!

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

If you've got a base station for the airport card, you can share over a network. otherwise you'll have to use their ethernet ports

3. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

Do you have a FireWire cable?

Put one of the computers into FireWire disk mode (boot it while holding down the T key) and it'll act like another hard drive connected to the other computer.

4. Six thread starter macrumors regular

mmkay... i dont have the cable, but thanks, i'll pick one up tomorrow... theres no way to do it across the net though?

5. Phil Of Mac macrumors 68020

Phil Of Mac

There is, but it's not as easy, it's slow, and this way, you get a FireWire cable too. Score!

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

You could just plug an ethernet cable from one computer to the other. You don't even need a crossover cable anymore AFAIK.