yay - i've switched!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by discomonkey, Jul 19, 2004.

1. discomonkey macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2004
    i just purchased a new 12" powerbook (upgraded 5400RPM harddrive) along with my 4G 20GB Ipod and 512 MB ram from crucial (all based on recommendations from this site - thanks to all)... i'm so excited and can't wait to get it.

so... i've been looking for a bag for my new PB and was considering the Crumpler Roll-o-notes. Does anybody have experience with this bag? I like the design (how it doesn't look like a real laptop bag - just a messenger bag) but I don't know how good this bag is as a computer bag... any comments?
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says..I don't have the bag you mention, but I will put in a good word for the Waterfield Designs stuff - I use one of the sleevecases for my Powerbook and love it. They have lots of other designs for just about any taste....have a look if you haven't already....oh yeah!
  3. Joeytpg macrumors 6502

Jul 1, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    discomonkey: where did you get that crucial memory?....online?..or at a shop?....which shop?..........i ask because i want to get that exact same memory (512 from crucial) but i can't order online...........i need a friend of mine to buy it for me on a store (compusa maybe?...any other ideas?)......he lives in N.Y. so i guess he could find it......

another question for ya:......what are the specs on the crucial memory for powerbook?...DDR PC2700 etc etc ??
  4. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Mar 20, 2004
    NYC & Baltimore
    yerp. Waterfields are great and the people there couldn't be nicer. Plus they are not made by 13 year old kids in some sweatshop...
  5. smurfsgonewild macrumors member

Jun 23, 2004
    Monroe, LA
    Do you have the veritcal or horizontal version of that sleeve? I was wondering if there was a size difference or anything. It kinda looks like there is on the website but I just wanna be sure. Thanks in advance.
  6. discomonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2004
    i just bought it off crucial.com... i selected "canada" under the international websites and it just dumped me back to the US website so i just ordered from the US site but shipping wasn't free since it's going to Canada it was an extra $13US... but at a grand total of $119 - it's still half the price of apple's memory.
  7. discomonkey thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 11, 2004

wow - and i thought the Crumplers were expensive... these are nice, but a little out of my price range... plus, as much as i like the look, they're a little too boxy for me (read: too laptop bag-like -- which is ironic since i AM looking for a laptop bag... but i the Crumplers look more like messenger bags) - thanks for the recommendation though
  8. homerjward macrumors 68030

May 11, 2004
    fig tree
    i have a ballistic nylon samsonite case for my notebook, but check out the PowerPizza it's awesome looking and it is theft-deterrrent (just kidding) but i have no credit card and cant order online so i settled for something more traditional
  9. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a

Apr 30, 2004
    The Ocean Floor
    i have a tucano second skin sleeve. i feel quite confident putting it in a normal bag with it in this. its padded and fits perfectly!