YAY + Macbook RAM Question + Where to buy + Case Protection + Printer?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Micrll, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Micrll macrumors member

YAY my waiting (since july :mad: ) for them to upgrade the Macbook has paid off.
    I'm planning to get (this friday/weekend) a new blackbook I love that they added the extra ram and the bigger hard drive in the high end systems :D :D !!!
    The blackbook default configuration + apple care now comes out to $200 dollars less that what I was going to pay for the CD blackbook. (with student discount)
    If I did my math right the new blackbook is only about $60 more than a similarly configured white one.

So now to decide 1gb of ram or 2...., Im thinking that 1 should be fine and I can upgrade later for probably cheaper than the $157 upgrade if I need more ram.

I want a black one because I think they look better plus the whiteones seem to me to scratch more, however, I have heard on this message board that the blackones are not much better. But again i heard that there is *skins* you can apply to the macbook where the wrists rest. Any good recommendations.

I will get the $100 off printer deal, anyone know what printer I should get, Im trying to avoid a photo printer as they take to much ink and mostly my documents are essays. Is this one anygood?
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...qc32fmJBMn9/4.0.0.23.1.0.8.11.4.9.0.1.9.0.0.9
    [STUDENT STORE]

Lastly, Where should I buy my mac, I have a few options. My parents live out in chicago IL, near a mac store and are comming out for thanksgiving. I live in AZ at ASU, and my sister lives in Santa Fe and is also comming out for thanks giving. What would be the best way to order this and possibly pay the least amount of tax?

Thanks all and I look forward to my first mac!
    (not including a os 7.5.1 preforma that I got for 10 bucks...)

2. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

You've been waiting since July??? Didn't they come out at the end of May?

3. Micrll thread starter macrumors member

Well more sense early august...;) still it paid off...i think....