yay tiger *prepares to do something in ichat* CRASH!!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by omega30one, Sep 2, 2005.

1. omega30one macrumors newbie

i got tiger recently and it is beautiful. however, whenever someone tries to initiate a chat (text) or continue one after i have closed their window, ichat mysteriously crashes. this wouldnt be too bad except i have no idea who just tried to talk to me. i upgraded from the latest 10.3.9 and didnt have the problem before. reinstalls of ichat have not worked, deleting prefs have not worked. the only thing that does is creating a new account and trying ichat there, which works fine. if anyone has suggestions, please help. thanks,

-omega30one

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think you're on track with deleting prefs files, but you may not be deleting the right ones... Have you tried deleting the ichat session agent's plist file? This has been problematic for a lot of people with Tiger for some reason.

3. omega30one thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm

on a side note, windows media play wont launch. i have tried similar courses of action

4. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Does WMP work in the other account (the one that iChat works in)? It may be worthwhile just transferring your preferences across to this new account and going from there. :)

6. hob macrumors 68020

hob

If you're having problems with multiple applications.... did you upgrade install or archive install? I'd suggest at least archiving and installing - if not doing a totally fresh install. I've NEVER had a totally successful OS upgrade...

7. DJY macrumors 6502a

DJY

My iChat hiccups aren't nearly as severe as those you are reporing... but discovered that iChatAgent does not respond. So open Activity Monitor and Force Quit it - then try and reopen or re connect in iChat.