"Yeah, i can't believe how easy it was to get everything going."

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by iGary, Oct 24, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

lol and another person just tried to IM me a virus.

So i downloaded it.... played with it a little and sent it back

muhahahaha

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Nice work iGary. Switchers are always so surprised that computers can e so intuitive/easy. Most of mine end up complaining that I didn't make them switch earlier. :eek:

4. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

but the worst thing ever to hear about are those reverse switchers going BACK to windows, or even worse, mac users for life switchin to windows for the first time...i had to go through this with my brother who recently purchased a sony vaio desktop....actually i nearly did too, but apple came through just in time with the release of the imac g5 THANK GOD!!!

5. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Yeah, I raised my daughter on the Mac these last few years. Now that she's 19, what does she go out and buy herself? A Dell. :rolleyes:

And yes, she's had all kinds of problems with it.

6. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Teenagers. Always wanting to rebel against their parents.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

i have converted a co-worker and he has never had a better time with a computer.

converted a member of my website as well, he is waiting for graduation to get a powerbook

8. CarloVonSexron macrumors member

Gary, quit talking about me without my permission. :mad:

Yep, got one of the shiny new iMacs yesterday. Love it so far. Thought about getting a PowerBook, but my Toshiba laptop is still in good condition. :)

9. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Toshiba makes great laptops, the only thing wrong w/ them is they have Windows as their OS.

10. CarloVonSexron macrumors member

I have no complaints about my Toshiba. Awesome machine. Once I get it cleaned out (major dust bunnies inside, I'd imagine) and add some RAM, I'll continue to use it. Just not as much :)

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

makes you feel so strong!:)

12. iDM macrumors 6502a

iDM

The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Speaking of dust bunnies(well we weren't really but if i don't address it now here, i'll never remember it) I built my PC during Freshmen year of college the thing was fast as hell but it sounded like an F-14 on load up and i was forced to stuff wedges of paper in the different bays(i found the unused bays were vibrating from my spinning hd, let me repeat though the thing was fast) anyway in addition to rock concert that played the whole time it was running, the thing had an entire family tree of dust bunnies.

Anyway to my point does the Al PB accumulate dust bunnies like this and do i need to clean it like they do?? Thanks in advance guys!

13. bobscliff macrumors regular

bobscliff

My sister got an iBook after borrowing my PB a lot. She has no complaints. I'm always telling my friends they need to get macs ("problem? this wouldnt happen on a mac!"). I swore i wouldnt become a pushy, annoying mac proselytizer, but alas, i cant resist. I think they know i'm right though. :)

14. CarloVonSexron macrumors member

Yeah, my Satellite does that. Any time I've got Photoshop and iTunes open together, I half expect a guy in a reflective vest to start waving glowing sticks at me.

My favorite part of the "switch" so far happened about an hour ago. I needed to print off a UPS tracking slip to prove that a package had been delivered (stupid office people at my apartment complex)...I plugged in my HP printer, clicked print...and it worked. I was stunned. So easy.

15. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Thinking about the virus-IM'ing thing that was posted earlier...I've had a bunch of friends try to IM me viruses, to have them say "Ahahahahahahah you are so dumb...you're computer is toasted."

Little do they know that they just wasted their time...and how sad they'll be when I send it back to them in a week. :p