Yeah!! My copy of NSMB finally came!

Discussion in 'Games' started by sam10685, Jul 31, 2006.

1. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

...only thing now is i need a DS lite. (i'll go get one later then post pics of it in the DS Lite Pics. thread.)

2. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Great game and great system. You will be very pleased. I also suggest picking up Animal Crossing Wild World and Mario Cart DS!

3. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Ugh, the game was such a waste of my money. It sold on eBay for about the same price as I bought it though.

Daniel.

4. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I think it is fun but I can see after beating it the replay value kinda dropping since none of my friends have it... no multiplayer. Mario Cart DS is bad a$$ tho!

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Multiplayer - it suddenly becomes the DS's answer to Smash Bros and Mario Party. I had a smashing 3 player yesterday and been playing 2 player against my sister all today. Best of all it's so varied that I don't always win (she is 13 after all). she owns me at some of the table and puzzle games.

Still having fun running through single player, just mastering the engine at the moment. then onto coin collecting.

6. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Definitely get Animal Crossing. I'd recommend it more than any other game. Super Mario 64 has a lot of value as well.

Daniel.

7. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

I wish I had Animal Crossing :( . I tried using my Airport and I played Mario Kart online for the first time yesterday and it worked out flawlessly...

8. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

everybody really likes Animal Crossing but what is it about? also, here in America, we only have the white DS lite. That's great... looks a lot like an Apple made product. But i want a black one. and brother (15) wants pink. Are those colors coming to America any time this year? i know they're out over yonder... (in Japan.)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

IIRC the black DS Lite is coming out in Japan later this year. No word on America yea, or a pink release outside of Japan. though I could be wrong!

10. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

my black DS is full of finger prints now. It's pretty hard to take good care of it. :(

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I warned you all! The black DS is undeniably sexy, but that comes at such a price :(

12. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

Excellent game, enjoy it! I want a black ds lite but I am fine with my white one for the time being:)

13. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

Yeah. But I went for the black because it looks great and it's different from all my stuff. I dunno but got tired of all my white stuff.

14. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

If you are in America and you want a Black DS Lite, you can import one from europe through Lik-Sang for $199. You can also import a Pink DS Lite from them for $189. You can also buy US chargers from them so that you do not need to use bulky converter plugs. Oh, and Animal Crossing is an excellent game. You should definetly buy it.

15. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

i want a black one really bad but i don't know if i can buy a Japanese imported one for 199 dollars when i can walk accross the street to gamecrazy and get a [white] one for $129. just doesn't make sense to me. when black is released here in America, i'll be selling the white one ASAP.

i must be a complete idiot. i just read the description of Animal Crossing on Nintendo.com and i don't get it. why is it so cool?

16. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

No one is going to be able to describe it in a way that screams cool to you Sam. You're not an idiot :)! It's all about collecting fossils, talking to other towns folk, planting trees, collecting fruit, buying stuff etc etc ad infinitum. It all seems pretty mundane but it's great fun to shape your town. If you've got the patience and like quirky titles with a bit of humour it's one for you. It's the epitome of cute and very cleverly constructed.

17. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

It was good for the Gamecube and now even better when you can bring it anywhere instead of having to make time to sit down in front of your tv and play.

18. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

How much money will you lose by selling your white DS Lite and then buying a brand new black one? That doesn't make sense to me! I bet it won't be too much different from just importing a black DS Lite and getting what you want in the first money.

It'll cost you more either way.

19. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I caught a squid!

Oh, no I squidn't!

20. sam10685 thread starter macrumors 68000

sam10685

thank you. i'll probably get it later when the bank has fully recovered. (although it might need to recover again after the 7th.) anyway, thanks again!

i don't know. in a few months i might be able to pull something off. maybe i'll sell a game or 2 i completed along with it. maybe i'll sell other stuff i have. i'll get a black one. (i also have plans to get a black Wii. i just hope it comes out in black here in America. i've been saving for that for a while now.)

21. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

haha!!!

yea AC is like any other Sim game out there. It's like Roller Coaster Tycoon without the rollercoasters, or Sim City but not as big. It's about creating an environment, I think that is where the addiction lies, and is perfected with the chance to show off your village worldwide. But it's not a god sim, you don't click and a tree grows. You have to nurture it yourself through your character. There lies the more "game-y" approach of characters, events and missions. It really is 2 games fused together to create what I consider the most relaxing game yet. it's like a portable masseuse after a bad day.

Best of all there is always something to do! Feng Shui to unlock new songs, growing coconut forests, making/selling clothes, upgrading your house, making friends (and trying to get them to stay in your village).