Yeah!! My dad switched!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dscan99, Aug 28, 2005.

1. dscan99 macrumors regular

So after weeks of deliberation (on his part) and convincing (on my part), he finally placed an order for the 12" ibook (768 Mb RAM, 60 Gig HDD) this morning.

I'm looking fwd to it more than him as I will get to play with Tiger :D :D

Thanks to you guys for providing input!! I can't wait!!!

2. doucy2 macrumors 65816

doucy2

yay good luck
    have fun teaching him everything on the mac
    i had to do that with my parents what a nightmare

3. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

Hey congrats.
    I switched my mom and she took to OSX very quickly with a bit of help. Have fun! :D

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

My Dad switched me. We're still working on Mum, but thanks for the inspiration. :D

5. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I want to switch my parents when they need a new machine, probably a year or two away now. Any advice? I've got good groundwork laid, I think. My dad is getting so he complains about Microsoft everytime he has to call me to troubleshoot his PCs :D

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I cant get my mom to switch. :(

My dad is Mac'er since the beginning, so I'm Mac'er too. But my mom needs AutoCAD for her work and she says she got used to a lot of PC things. :eek:

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Congrats on the good news dscan99!

Glad to hear that your dad has seen the light! :)

8. dscan99 thread starter macrumors regular

I think my dad finally realized for himself after the HP PC we have started getting slower and slooower and slooooooower. And everytime I took a look at it there was nothing apparently WRONG ... had to run anti spyware software everytime and blech... things just got ugly.

And he started playing more and more with my 14" iBook :mad: when i made the slight suggestion that the new iBooks were out and they're really cool! hehe.... and then he saw the light!!!! The only real deliberation on his part was whether to go 12" or 14"

9. godbout macrumors regular

My Dad was a PC guy too... for a long time... but I started on the mac about 6 years ago and started working on him... it took a long time, not because he did not see that the mac was better but just because he already had laptops from work etc. What really got him was when he bought a DV camcorder... I edited a little movie about our new puppy and he was hooked... Got an iMac G5 right when they came out :) The PC was given away (with a smile) and the laptop no loger gets used... Happy ending :D