Yellow Pages Widget doesn't have my favorite pizza place

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sigamy, May 14, 2005.

1. sigamy macrumors 65816

Anyone know where the yellow pages widget pulls data from? My favorite pizza place isn't listed in the search results. I've set it to 10 and 20 miles and this place is only 2 miles from my house.

2. azrussell132 macrumors member

azrussell132

If it's only two miles away AND it's your favorite place....you should have the number memorized.

3. James Philp macrumors 65816

James Philp

does it come up in the yellow pages web site that the widget refers to?
    A widget's only as good as what it accesses!
    Did you complain when you looked at that website and it wasn't there? hmm, no?

4. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

don't you have to pay to advertise in the Yellow Pages? So probably your fave pizza place just hasn't paid for the privelage? :confused:

5. beatle888 macrumors 68000

beatle888

wow now that would be interesting...so you think this has something to do with WHY the phone book widget doesn't list his favorite pizza place? that's pretty smart software.

6. sigamy thread starter macrumors 65816

wow, thanks for the help all.

Looks like the widget uses this DA+ web site and the pizza place isn't listed there. This one example is a very popular business that has been around for years. It does come up in Sherlock, which I use often to find businesses and services.

The point of the thread (which I did a terrible job making) was that the data coming back from the yellow pages widget is pretty incomplete. If you are searching for something that you've never looked up before, like a plumber or mechanic you probably won't get a very good list at all.

Off to find (or write) a better yellow page widget...

7. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

HAHA, all my food take out places are in my cell phone.... (i'm such a college student) :eek: ;) :p

8. Electric Monk macrumors member

I live in Montreal (while I'm at University), there are no good pizza places.