Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I noticed this when I first bought the phone. Then I forgot about it. Then I used my iPad and iPhone at the same time. I thought it was just me.

The problem is we don't know what's causing it. I thought we'd be looking at a dazzling retina display, but no- the screen is the color of urine.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I noticed this when I first bought the phone. Then I forgot about it. Then I used my iPad and iPhone at the same time. I thought it was just me.

The problem is we don't know what's causing it. I thought we'd be looking at a dazzling retina display, but no- the screen is the color of urine.

If you hate it so much then get a different phone. Crying here about a yellow screen isn't gonna help you in any way. I'm enjoying my non yellow screen tho

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Not to sound mean but, I didn't even bother putting up a poll because I know some of you are just lying.

All I want is to get to the bottom of this. Is it glue? Is it a programming issue? Is it sunlight? Did someone in manufacturing spill honey into the mix?

But okay, I've I'm done talking about this.

Sorry guys.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
Not to sound mean but, I didn't even bother putting up a poll because I know some of you are just lying.

All I want is to get to the bottom of this. Is it glue? Is it a programming issue? Is it sunlight? Did someone in manufacturing spill honey into the mix?

But okay, I've I'm done talking about this.

Sorry guys.

Lie about what? Our screens not being yellow? Keep complaining tho, maybe your screen will magically change colors.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone know what this tweak is called.

performed a search with no success !

----------

I don't think I'm in denial mode dude, honest, really, I'm not.........lol.

When i first got my iPhone 4 and read info on here and the net about this widely discussed issue ,i compared the screen to my iPod touch 1st gen and found the screen of my iPhone to be warmer (yellow). The contrast is very different, but after mulling it over i decided in my minds eye that i actually preferred the warmer tint to the blue hue.

In my opinion, its down to preference.

If i felt that this was a defect id be all over it like a rash. ;)

I'm sorry the app is called Color Profiles.

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
Lie about what? Our screens not being yellow? Keep complaining tho, maybe your screen will magically change colors.

Enough nonsense.

This thread is for people who have the Yellowgate problem.

As of now, if you haven't posted a picture- you can't be trusted.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006

The screens just have a different colour temperature. Look here: a guy actually measured the colour temperature of his iPhone 4 ("blue") and 4S ("yellow") using a spectrophotometer. The 4S screen is indeed a lower colour temperature (warmer, more "yellow") than the 4 but it's closer to the 6500K standard (used by the sRGB colour profile etc. as he explains in his post) than the 4 is. That means that the "yellow" screen is actually more accurate for colour reproduction (based on commonly-used standards) than the blue one: it is not faulty.

Now, can we please put this one to bed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.