Yes! Another user, another milestone - 10,000!

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by wrldwzrd89, Jul 25, 2004.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've hit 10,000 points now (in late July, just as I predicted). According to the stats pages on ExtremeOverclocking, I'll hit 30,000 by mid-October. Keep in mind that I did this with a hyperthreaded Pentium 4 3.2 GHz and a 1.25 GHz G4 iMac (no PPC G5 help was used). Just imagine what I'd produce if I had a dual-processor PowerMac G5 running Folding@Home!

2. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Dude, you are going fast! Keep up the good work! Have some celebrating of myself yo do, just reached the 30.000 mark myself!!

3. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Good Job!

I am at 40K now, and by the end of next month I should be at 50K if my production goes back to normal :)

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Glad to see that someone else with just two machines is making a positive impact. It's not the number of machines or points, but the intent.

5. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Good Job to you too, Vlade!

Keep folding, and I hope you resume normal production soon.

6. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

10.000 a month, and you call that normal... WOW! It's because of your new installer ins't it? Keep up the good work!

7. Vlade macrumors 6502a

Vlade

Well with my normal group on a good week I was getting 2000-2500, and my dad just got a new G5 dp1.8, but its not on that much so its not really helping yet. The installer hasn't actually helped me yet (that I can notice), but then again I have enough random computers around that its hard to tell.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Well now I have joined the ranks of those with 10,000.

I now have 10,259.

9. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    i just switched my old pee cee that i left back home from seti to folding; its only 1 1.7, but iv given those aliens 1000 work units already time to change causes, who knows if we can find the cure for cancer maybe the aliens will come to us to get it :)

10. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Congratulations wdlove!

I now have (as of when I posted this) 11545 points, and according to the user overtake page at ExtremeOverclocking, I'm pulling away from the pack, and I will reach the top 100 eventually.

11. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you.

Although when all those with a G5 come online that will bring about real changes in status.

12. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I wish I had a G5! I could REALLY pull away with the help of one of those! It's too bad I won't be getting a new Mac until 2007 (at least that's the plan...)

13. daTrini macrumors newbie

daTrini

Take a peek in the rearview mirror :) I just hit 10000 and I am coming up too. Just not as fast as I would like though. Having a hard time just keeping a couple steps ahead of BlackHeartOSX.

14. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

20k !!

Wo-Hoo!!
    Just got 20k, put me back in the top 80 and going strong for 2 weeks! :cool:

According to EO's stat page I should be top 70 soon.

Won't last as I am using computers in a training class I am attending for two weeks, but its fun while it lasts. :D

15. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If you look here, you'll see that you're not a threat to me, as long as my production doesn't go down and yours doesn't go up...

Anyway, congrats Trini, and keep folding!

16. RugoseCone macrumors 6502

10,000!

Been folding just under 8 weeks and I hit the 10,000 point mark this afternoon. Only using a dual 2.0ghz G5 24/7.

Managed to get a friend folding with some serious access to machines, but he refuses to join a "Mac" team. Oh well... at least he's going it alone and not joining one of the nearby competitors!

17. daTrini macrumors newbie

daTrini

Sadly fending off BlackHeartOSX has turned out into playing leapfrog with him. :(

I am planning on adding a couple machines for the cause tomorrow. Already with my two current machines I am close to your production average so a slow old laptop helping me out may just be enough to tip the scales. As I said ... look out. :cool:

18. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

You can always drop by him and change a few stats... It would probably take a while before he mentions it... :D

19. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Your average production has jumped quite a bit, Dreadnought - did you just have a big point-producing day or did you add one or more new machines?

20. benpatient macrumors 68000

look out Dread...the day you've been Dreading is rapidly approaching.

21. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I haven't got a clue why I have such a boost. Only got a dual 1.8 working 24/7 and a G3 400 also folding 24/7. Furthermore I have my pc@work producing now, but have to send and fetch the WU's manually because of our firewall at work. So have to start my G3 up in os 9, have to run virtual PC and send and fetch the new WU's. So I'll get about 5 or 6 Gromacs done on that Pc per week. Added that Pc since last week and it gives me a bit of a boost. So I'm also lucky in WU's I know am getting. Owh, that reminds me... Have to send 5 Gromacs back to Stanford!! :D

22. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

I have spotted you a long time, but first I will be making a little sprint. Have to make a 5 piece gromac donation.

23. benpatient macrumors 68000

Broke 30,000 and into the top 50 over the weekend...Can Dread survive through august? tune in next time to find out...

24. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

25. Dreadnought macrumors 68020

Dreadnought

Nope, don't think so... Want to get into the top 40, but that takes me another 4 days. And in 4 days, I will be overtaken, so back at 41 again... And then it will go downhill. another ten days after that I will be passed by 2 more guys... And it takes about 22 days before I get to my next batch of victims. Come on pc@work, FOLD I tell you, FOLD!