Yes! Got the last three Wiimotes and a copt of Rayman!

Discussion in 'Games' started by seenew, Nov 24, 2006.

1. seenew macrumors 68000

seenew

Got up at 4:00 this morning to beat the Black Friday rush (still didn't beat it, but I got in in time), got the last 3 wiimotes at Circuit City and a copy of Rayman Raving Rabbids. They didn't have any nunchucks (wtf?), so I'll have to get those later.

Mostly I wanted to share that I really, really love RRR. Totally fun, totally hilarious. It's even fun to watch people play!

(edit: yeah, I made a typo in the thread title :()

2. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

I just picked up RRR a few days ago and it rocks! This is seriously the funnest game I have ever played. Funny as sh*t.:)

3. Archmagination macrumors regular

Yeah Rayman is fun and funny as hell, but oh man do I have sore arms after playing it for awile. All those speed games.. where you have to move the nunchuk and Wii Remote up and down really fast gets you sore quick.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Dammit :cool: Think I'm going to have to get RRR now. I mean a lot of people love it, not hearing many negative things about it. it's just the collection of minigames that puts me off, I can only imagine something like WarioWare pulling that off well.

5. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I can't imagine it'll be any competition to Smooth Moves once that comes out.

What I want to know is how good is the game in single player? Does it last long enough, are the minigames fun enough to be worth it?

6. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

It's people like you who are the reason I still only have one remote. Jerk.

Just kidding. But not really. :)

I took your advice and bought Rayman. Pretty darn sweet. Feels kind of slow to me. The mini-games are sweet with only a few duds, but I feel like Ubisoft spent ZERO time developing anything else in the game. Like walking around the arena is painstaking. I've never played a Rayman game though. Is he supposed to be stiff and immobile?

Daniel.

7. Lau Guest

Good to hear, it's one of the games we're getting.

(You can edit your thread titles now, by the way!)

8. takao macrumors 68040

takao

how are the minigames tied together in single player ? i only have seen some stuff from the intro

i ask because this game will be very likely be my 1st one for the wii besides wii play, is it worth it overall ?

(trauma center,elebits are not availbale at launch and my brother gets zelda)

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

well if your comparing it to sh*t ;)

I'm buying it though....

10. seenew thread starter macrumors 68000

seenew

There's a very, very loose storyline tying the games together, something like Rayman is kidnapped in the beginning by the Rabbids and now must compete to win their favor/freedom. Each time he wins a day of games, they give him a plunger and throw him back in his cell. He eventually gets the idea to stick them to the wall to make a ladder to the window near the ceiling. That's as far as I got, I haven't beaten it yet.

I think it's worth the buy. Something to do in between Zelda sessions if no one's around to play Wii Sports. If you don't feel like buying it, ask for it for Christmas.

11. takao macrumors 68040

takao

thanks for your comments .. i guess i'm going to buy it.. i don't have time until christmas for more than short bursts anyway so that is fine i guess ... and then i can play zelda for the holidays and in january/february there will be already a wave of new games coming out, woot!

12. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I'm at 33%. It's pretty good. Definitely a good break between Zelda temples.

Daniel.