Yes... I'm nuts

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by hcuar, Sep 3, 2004.

1. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Ok... really stupid question. :eek: Does Apple ship on Saturdays? I'm trying to time my iPod purchase to arrive after I get back from travel. :D

2. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Yes, they do. I ordered my iBook last year, and it came on a Saturday. Unfortunately, I wasn't home to sign for it, so I had to wait another three days to get it!

Daniel

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Apple ships via DHL/Airborne, UPS, or maybe FedEx, and to my knowledge, none of them ship on the weekends. Sorry.

4. hcuar thread starter macrumors 65816

hcuar

:D No reason to be sorry... I don't want them to ship! :) If they shipped on Saturday, I might not be home to get it later next week. Thanks!

It says 1 to 3 days to ship... I'll probably get it engraved. Yeah... I know. I can't resell as easily. I doubt I'd want to though. ;)

5. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Last Year?! Damn looks like you better pay for the express shipping. :D

Edit: On further review of your post, I have concluded that I am not funny. :(

6. hcuar thread starter macrumors 65816

hcuar

Umm... Yeah. That made me about spew my Diet Coke. I could be tired though. :rolleyes:

7. dsharits macrumors 68000

dsharits

Well, I think it's funny to those of us who should have gone to bed hours ago... :p

Daniel

Perfect example right there. When I start double posting in my delirium, it's time to call it a day. :eek:

8. hcuar thread starter macrumors 65816

hcuar

It's only 10 pm here. :) Long week. I'm in Arizona. I'm sure it's pretty late in Tampa!

9. sorryiwasdreami macrumors 6502a

sorryiwasdreami

HAHAHAH! That made me crack up!

10. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

11. johnkrz macrumors member

if its an ipod they will leave it at the door they did with mine at least.

12. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Good for you, good for those who have received stuff on weekends, in germany they ship things - not from apple - on saturdays... :mad:

Here the delivery is made by TNT ... yes, TNT :p

I remember when Panther was released, I talked to a man from apple and he promised to send the box early, so I could enjoy it on weekend, do you remember there was a big count down? ... I cancelled some appointments but... Nothing, Nichts, Nada ... I called TNT and they stopped deliveries at 16:30 and they said my box should be on monday early at home... suckers!!! I still have a hard time about that :eek: